Early Dragon Run - May 18 - 22

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Hey so a few people are wanting to do an early Dragon run this year. This is not related to the main 9th Civic Tail of the Dragon meet. Just a little get together for some fun driving.

Tentative dates are Sunday May 18th until Thursday the 22nd or whatever works for you.

People so far: Myself, @Bruce Bartlow , @Keens

You can stay anywhere you like in the region but I believe Bruce has already booked a campsite at the Fontana Village Resort. They have regular hotel rooms and cabins available as well.

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

Let us know if you would like to come along. This is going to be pretty informal but should be very fun.

Hey so a few people are wanting to do an early Dragon run this year. This is not related to the main 9th Civic Tail of the Dragon meet. Just a little get together for some fun driving.

Tentative dates are Sunday May 18th until Thursday the 22nd or whatever works for you.

People so far: Myself, @Bruce Bartlow , @Keens

You can stay anywhere you like in the region but I believe Bruce has already booked a campsite at the Fontana Village Resort. They have regular hotel rooms and cabins available as well.

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

Let us know if you would like to come along. This is going to be pretty informal but should be very fun.
Those preferring to save their money for premium fuel, sticky tires and other essentials: Campsites are a ridiculous $15.00/nt, or about $18.00 with tax. However, they are in very limited supply; all or most sites and rooms are already booked the 4 days prior. So move fast if you want one. May 18 - May 22 are the last days before things get real crazy after May 23 when a large group of 5th GEN Camaros come in. Then it's Memorial Day, etc., when all the minivans and Hogs show up.

About the campsites: They are conveniently located about a mile from the Lodge, near the dam. The cost is a ridiculous $15.00/nt. or about $18.00 with tax. And yes, there are showers! Late May temperatures should easily be in the 70's. So dig out that old tent and join us for a BBQ Sunday May 18th.

Use the link above or book here:

https://fontanareservations.com/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

P.S. There could easily be people who would rather share a Lodge room or cabin, so post your interest soon.

Reactions: Nix
@KennyGS... another excellent choice!

It stands to reason that those interested will be those living closer, like within a day's drive. (Unless you're totally nuts like me) But nothing says you can't double up; share a car and share the driving. Cheap too.

Here's a tentative itinerary:

Monday we're planning the super fast (55mph) super twisty Moonshiner 28 down to Franklin. Most of you take that same Hwy 28 out to the Dragon from Fontana, and i'm sure you love it. But it goes the other way, too, and long stretches of it are better than the Dragon, imo.

Tuesday's itinerary is wide open, so we're open to suggestions. If there's something on your Bucket List (or is it the F-it List?) let's hear about it!

Wednesday: The best for last? There's a distinct possibility we'll head over to The Snake on our last day, either before immediately driving home or before staying one last night in the eastern smokies. Perhaps sharing a large cabin or house and having a spectacular steak dinner.

I've been told to avoid The Snake because it's too technical, too difficult, and probably too dangerous. Maybe so. But that's also why I need to go there:

http://421thesnake.com/

Those preferring to save their money for premium fuel, sticky tires and other essentials: Campsites are a ridiculous $15.00/nt, or about $18.00 with tax. However, they are in very limited supply; all or most sites and rooms are already booked the 4 days prior. So move fast if you want one. May 18 - May 22 are the last days before things get real crazy after May 23 when a large group of 5th GEN Camaros come in. Then it's Memorial Day, etc., when all the minivans and Hogs show up.

About the campsites: They are conveniently located about a mile from the Lodge, near the dam. The cost is a ridiculous $15.00/nt. or about $18.00 with tax. And yes, there are showers! Late May temperatures should easily be in the 70's. So dig out that old tent and join us for a BBQ Sunday May 18th.

Use the link above or book here:

https://fontanareservations.com/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

P.S. There could easily be people who would rather share a Lodge room or cabin, so post your interest soon.

I don't have any vacation time left, saving it for a trip to Florida, plus I most likely won't have a drivable car at that time period, more like mid-late summer.

I don't have any vacation time left, saving it for a trip to Florida, plus I most likely won't have a drivable car at that time period, more like mid-late summer.

I don't think I have enough vacation time available....

By September I will enough.... I just got done helping my mom drive halfway across the US, from Kennewick WA to Paduch KY where her husband just got a new job, which killed my vacation time.

I have a clutchmaster fx100, braided stainless line and ATE TYP 200 fluid...

Word. I'm finally close enough that it's doable as a long weekend. Also, the not having a full time job thing makes this a little easier.

By September I will enough.... I just got done helping my mom drive halfway across the US, from Kennewick WA to Paduch KY where her husband just got a new job, which killed my vacation time.

@07TLX, Nathan, I drove yours and can't believe their (fx 100) description of "only slightly increased pedal pressure". Guess i gotta start working out more.

You should've tried the G35 I had last year, that thing is like a leg press (came to find out it was not the stock clutch, and had a single mass flywheel swap)
____________________-
rofl... why am i not surprised?! But i could hardly push Nathan's clutch -- yours would have been impossible.

Good luck finding that next ride.

Thanks for "tagging" me but I never check my "notifications" I click the box and click it again to make them go away lol :hiding:

Any of you guys interested? @k757 , @VtecBoi_88 , @bootyluvr , @death_roll , @07TLX ... can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Thanks for the invite... but I will be just getting back from Cancun. :excited:

Don't you have family down in Florida?

I have 3 trips planned this year :excited:

March 15th through 22nd - Florida for baseball spring training (I don't really care about baseball but going down with some friends who are die-hard Orioles fans :giggle: )
May 9th through 16th - Cancun
September - DRAGON! :dance: :excited: :woot:

Back