Easiest way to install fog light wiring harness w/o the fog button?

snahfu

I would like to install some fog lights that go on when my low beams are activated. Is there a way to achieve this without having the splice wires? If possible, are there any cons of using this method? I'm having trouble finding a guide on this as most people usually install the separate switch in the interior dash as well.

Also, I have retrofitted headlights with HID's. Will that affect the installation process?

The fog lights I plan on using are the morimoto XB led fogs.

Thank you

So it looks like those morimoto fogs have no wiring harness etc. It looks like it’s just the connector coming out of the back of the fog housing. Do you have any oem fogs on your car currently? You’ll still need a wiring harness of some sort to wire power/fuse/ground etc if you don’t already have that.

So it looks like those morimoto fogs have no wiring harness etc. It looks like it’s just the connector coming out of the back of the fog housing. Do you have any oem fogs on your car currently? You’ll still need a wiring harness of some sort to wire power/fuse/ground etc if you don’t already have that.

Yes I have the wiring harness. When I installed my HID retrofit, it was all plug and play and within the hood area. I preferably would not like to run wires into the cabin and deal with the hassle of opening up the interior trim so I was just curious if there was an easier way to install the morimoto fog lights. After asking around, it seems like the only way possible to connect the fogs and low beams would be to splice some wires :( I thought maybe there is some kind of dual adapter out there.

I'll probably just pay someone to install these fogs for me since this is all new to me.

Since you want the fogs on with low beam, check out eBay for 9006 splitter.

With the 'new' plug, you would run that to the fog light wiring harness

This is what it looks like
Morimoto-HID-High-Beam-Splitter-Quad-Projector-Retrofit.png

Since you want the fogs on with low beam, check out eBay for 9006 splitter.

With the 'new' plug, you would run that to the fog light wiring harness

This is what it looks like

damn this is just what I was looking for!

Like I said, I am also running retrofitted headlights with HIDS. If I use this splitter to add the morimoto fog lights, is there any chance of overdrawing too much power and my setup catching fire? (no joke) :spazface:

Last edited:
Use a wring harness for both and you should not have any problems. With the harness, the HIDs will draw power straight from the battery instead of vehicle wiring harness, same with fogs. The low beam switch will still control the lights off or on.

The wiring harness works like this, Battery to relay to HID. OEM wiring to relay. When you turn the lights 'on' with the switch it, it sends power to the relay to turn 'on' which then turns over the battery to relay to HID.

OEM wiring is battery to switch to bulbs.

I know when I said 'on' is not technical terms but I used it to understand what is going on.

Back