Easy and cheap exhaust mod to make it a bit louder?

Adam Pakula

Toronto
Body Style
LX sedan
Hi Guys
Got a stock 2013 LX. Was wondering if there is something I could do that is inexpensive that will make my 5 speed civic a bit louder?? I don't want to change the whole exhaust.

I've done the resonator delete on my LX, its just about the same thing. Produces more of a growl when you hit the gas, throw in a k&n air filter and it sounds pretty deep. More of an engine note though.

you could take it to a muffler shop and simply ask how much it would be to take out the muffler and just weld in a pipe.
It might be a little expensive, but certainly cheaper than a whole new exhaust.

Agreed, and to save some cash he can also raise it on ramps or stands to unbolt and remove the muffler at the flange joint located just after the resonator, then the shop can measure and install a straight pipe with a new flange from there to the rear of the car so if he has any issues with inspection or police he can simply unbolt the straight pipe and reinstall the muffler at the flange. I'd have to beieve it would be under $100 for the shop to do everything.

you could take it to a muffler shop and simply ask how much it would be to take out the muffler and just weld in a pipe. It might be a little expensive, but certainly cheaper than a whole new exhaust.

Reactions: 323
You could always get an axle back muffler section. They bolt right up and usually cost than $200. Either a used 8th gen Si or any for the 06-11 non-si should fit very well. The 2012+ Si muffler section does not fit without serious work. (welding)

Brand new from Megan Racing:
http://www.meganracingexhaust.com/Honda-Civic-MR-ABE-HC06SI

MR-ABE-HC06SI-228x228.jpg

Hey on my Si I just deleted the muffler. Kept the resonator in. I had the shop cut the ends off the muffler so I could still bolt the pipe to the resonator. Had him bend/weld a new pipe and make new hangers to use the stock hanger, plus put the stock tip. Confuses people. I can go use my camera real quick and record a video of the exhaust now

Only cost me $80

Very nice. I'm just happy it doesn't sound like a fart can weed whacker lawn mowing pos lol. I know if I do the race down pipe and CAI it will sound much better to

I try man. The civic platform is new to me vs my rebuilt 97 Trans Am. I try and help. I know the exhaust thing is big for a lot of people. I hate it when its really quiet. It's easier for me to engage the clutch when its a bit louder cause I'm use to riding my motorcycle with a Yoshi pipe when I was listening to music before I crashed

Back