eibach front and rear sway bar kit

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
As there is some $$$ back from uncle Sam, I want to buy the eibach front and rear sway bar kit to improve the handling. The LX handling sucks a big time as it comes with 17mm front and 11mm rear. The eibach is 24 and 19, which is a major improvement.

When I upgrade the sway bars, do I also need to buy other hardware such as end link, reinforced plate, etc. Some say I don't need the reinforced plate. How about the end link? Do I get the hardware from the Si as the end link from my lx is weaker? I swear I'm not a Pro like you guys and I need mechanic to help installing this. So I want to make sure I buy everything I need and don't need to go back.
May you guys let me know what else I need so I can complete this project in peace of mind.

Thanks

Tak

Hey Tak,

Don't buy the Eibach kit! Only get the rear sway bar. Whether its Eibach, Progress, or someone else. Don't upgrade the front sway.

The rear sway bar is a great upgrade for your car. Just get the rear bar and leave the front alone. I would suggest looking at the Progress rear sway bar. It comes in a 22mm and a 24mm. The kit should include everything you need for install. I think the 22mm is plenty for a street driven car but given the changes over the last couple years the 24mm isn't a bad option either. I believe @Flightmaster127 recently bought the 24mm progress bar and his came with reinforcement plates. If the bar comes with them, use them! They just bolt to the rear lower control arm. If you're not doing the install yourself the mechanic should be able to figure it out.

The stock end links are fine to reuse. I would only suggest buying new end links if your stock ones are really really rust and have to be cut off. Since you live in NY, I bet you've run your car through some winter salt and it may be worth getting new ones. At the least buy new end link nuts. You can get them through college hills honda pretty cheap. Yes, you can reuse them but they should be a one time use part. They have a slight oval shape to them that deforms to lock them in place.

What is the year of your car? Ill post you the link to the end link nuts you should get.

Hey Tak,

Don't buy the Eibach kit! Only get the rear sway bar. Whether its Eibach, Progress, or someone else. Don't upgrade the front sway.

The rear sway bar is a great upgrade for your car. Just get the rear bar and leave the front alone. I would suggest looking at the Progress rear sway bar. It comes in a 22mm and a 24mm. The kit should include everything you need for install. I think the 22mm is plenty for a street driven car but given the changes over the last couple years the 24mm isn't a bad option either. I believe @Flightmaster127 recently bought the 24mm progress bar and his came with reinforcement plates. If the bar comes with them, use them! They just bolt to the rear lower control arm. If you're not doing the install yourself the mechanic should be able to figure it out.

The stock end links are fine to reuse. I would only suggest buying new end links if your stock ones are really really rust and have to be cut off. Since you live in NY, I bet you've run your car through some winter salt and it may be worth getting new ones. At the least buy new end link nuts. You can get them through college hills honda pretty cheap. Yes, you can reuse them but they should be a one time use part. They have a slight oval shape to them that deforms to lock them in place.

What is the year of your car? Ill post you the link to the end link nuts you should get.
My car is 2012 LX. So the rear is sufficient?
Yes I may want to buy the new end links. I have not got any chance last year to clean the under carriage. So it may have gotten some salt....

I initially thought about using the $$$ for an axle back exhaust. But my wife declined it as we got a baby and noise is a no good. So I may spend the $$$ on handling improvements. I thought about getting sway bar, front strut bar, and rear tie bar.

2014+ oem si rear bar is 20mm for like $40 or less I believe @Nix posted about in another thread too. Brackets/hardware shouldn't be too much. Just another option.

I highly recommend the progress 24mm rear sway. It did come with the reinforcement plates. It completely changed the feel of the car and greatly reduced the understeer under hard cornering.

If you want the car to rotate better around turns, you'll want a softer/lower number front sway bar and a stiffer/higher number rear sway bar. That's why most people get the 22/24mm in the rear for si's. Being as a stock si sway bar is much thicker/stiffer, it's a major upgrade for an lx not to mention saves a bunch of money. Not sure what else is needed to make it fit but I'm sure one of these guy's know.

I thought about getting sway bar, front strut bar, and rear tie bar.

Rear sway = Yes.

Front strut bar = Unnecessary, just for looks.

Rear tie bar = Same as strut bar. Just for looks.

Try to reuse your stock end links if you can. All you would need to buy is 2 new 10mm flange nuts and 2 new 10mm self locking nuts.

If you want new OEM end links, which should hold up fine:

R side end link:
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ower-arm-scat/?part_name=link-r-rr-stabilizer

L side end link:
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ower-arm-scat/?part_name=link-l-rr-stabilizer

You need two 10mm flange nuts: These go on the bottom of the link
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ear-lower-arm-scat/?part_name=nut-flange-10mm

And two 10mm self locking nuts: These go on the top of the link
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...-lower-arm-scat/?part_name=nut-self-lock-10mm

This is definitely an install you can tackle yourself with a couple wrenches and some ramps. I highly recommend using ramps instead of jackstands for this particular install. Its much easier with the wheels supported as the lower control arms wont sag and rotate away from the end link and sway bar. The suspension does not need to be loaded or free hanging. Ramps or jackstands work fine, its just easier on ramps if you're doing it in your driveway/parking space.

If you go with the eibach rear bar, non-si models require the hardware kit 4031.312hkr. this includes the d-brackets and support brackets from the Si. the stock d-brackets on the LX will not fit over the larger eibach bar and bushing. OEM honda parts come in the kit

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late to this but I have the Eibach front and rear as it was part of my Pro Plus kit suspension package from tire rack. The front sway bar is adjustable and it is also bigger and will require you to drop your front cross member to put it in. As noted above it is not necessary to swap it out but it is always a good idea to have extra options for your foot work down the road but that's just me

Back