Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs Squeak Noise

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
As stated in the title I have a squeaking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle when going over any bumps or imperfections on the road and I'm almost 100% positive its coming from the lowering springs. I started noticing the noise a month or 2 after installation and it just got worse overtime. It's not really an issue safety or performance wise but the noise is starting to get on my nerves. The vehicle is a 13' Civic LX if that's important, when looking at the springs it looks like some of the coils are rubbing against each other and when the vehicle is lifted you can see the witness marks of where they are making contact. If I remember correctly Tien sells some spring insulators that may help with the issue ? I'm not too sure about that. Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks in advanced.

Yeah, a number of people used the tein spring silencers to help where coils are touching/rubbing & making noise.

I see that they sell 3 different sizes, would you happen to know which size fits over the Eibach ones ?

I don’t off hand. You can measure the width of your spring coil. I know others have even used rubber tubing from homedepot/Lowe’s. It’s in the plumbing department, and you can pick the size and buy it by the foot. Cut a line down it and wrap it between the coils. Basically the same thing as teins

I had this with the Eibach springs I put on my 2014 Si. I usually only noticed it when I first took off in the morning. After about a year it has disappeared completely. Maybe they finally “settled in”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back