"Eleanor" from gone in 60 seconds - going up for auction

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
"Eleanor" from gone in 60 seconds - going up for auction

nws audio

View: http://youtu.be/Jpij6CJCHf0

If you’ve seen the 2000 blockbuster film “Gone in 60 Seconds”, you may recall Angelina Jolie walking into a garage full of Ferraris and saying in her husky voice “Hello, ladies. I always was a sucker for a redhead”.

You’ll no doubt also remember the name of the protagonist's favorite car “Eleanor”, a 1967 Ford Mustang GT500 that master thief "Memphis" Raines decided to keep for last in his attempt to steal 50 cars in a single night to save his brother’s life.

Twelve "Elenor's" were made for the film. Five of which did not survive the movie – probably destroyed at the chase scene towards the finale. Three of them were the “hero” cars; fully functional and used by the actors themselves at filming.

Car number 7, which was used for driving shots, for dialogue and interior action shots with the actors, is going under the hammer by COYS at the Autosport International show in Birmingham on Saturday January 14. It is estimated that “Eleanor” No7 will fetch US$115,000-154,000.

According to the supplied copy of the build sheet, apart from the changes on the body, the modifications in this Mustang with chassis number 7R02C173895 include a 351 cubic inch V8 FordRacing crate motor fitted with a “big” camshaft and 700cfm Holley 4-barrel carburetor.

It also sports a Total Control Products coil over lowered front suspension and Willwood disk brakes all around with 6 piston calipers up front. After the movie, the side exhausts were made functional by Cinema Vehicle Services and the tank is filled through a Mach 1 cap on the C-pillar.

“This is one of only two original cars in private hands. We are offering the opportunity to acquire one of the cars that actually appeared in the movie and which will undoubtedly increase in value in years to come," said Coys’ managing director, Chris Routledge.

• Staff
I don't really know what to predict on price, but I thought their estimate sounded low myself

• Staff
the car sold for £85K + fees

Not surprised, it's only a replica... I used to know the guy who has the original 67 that they used to make the replica for the movies minus the puny wheels and tires...

Still has cinema value for being in the movie.

:drooling:

I would kill for that car, an original from the movie or a replica. I remember seeing an episode of Rides where they followed the company building the replicas. Those cars are awesome

Back