Electrical issues help needed

SpikedJoker

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si. Coupe
A few months ago I installed a skunk 2 cold air intake on my 12 Si . To do so, it requires relocating the battery, and extending through splicing a few wires. They give you a new battery tray and all the items needed. However after doing so the I mid shut off and the car didn't want to start. It was a blown fuse and ho day had to extend and relocate the negative cable again. A few weeks go by and the yellow top I bought to build my sound off of died. I had it tested and they said it was a bad battery, got it replaced but it didn't fix the problem. The I mid and now the stereo go off and on at times and I can't figure out why. While running the car stutters o ce or twice at idle and acts like it's not getting charged but doesn't die... also while driving the head unit goes off, I mean black like the cars off. I've checked all the wires and I couldn't find any cuts or loose connections, so I'm at a loss.

why not contact skunk2 with your situation to see what they say? It didn't happen until you installed their intake?

I did, they we're saying the same thing Honda said. That set up shouldn't cause any issues. I'm at the point of taking any advice or ideas I can troubleshoot that I've not already tried.

If you have a multimeter you can check the area around the battery for voltage drop which would be discharging it slowly. If the voltage is low enough the electronics in the car will shut off or act erratically. Search on YouTube ErictheCarGuy has a very good video on how to check batteries and other electrical systems for problems.

I think @r18-power just had a very similar issue. He ended up having to get some shims on the battery terminals. The connections seemed tight but were loose enough to cause a similar intermittent issue. I believe he also has the skunk2 intake so your issue could be the same with the extended wiring.

Yeah check your battery connections, make sure the wire you extended from the negative cable didnt come loose or apart, also check the battery post as Nix said, I have a PRL cai which is different but I had the skunk2 only my old 12 Si so im aware of how its hooked up.

Thanks, I'm looking into it now. If this works I'll be greatly relieved.

Also I just remembered I had an issue where my imid didnt turn on in my 12 si, check fuse (19) if I remember correctly I swapped that one out and it got the imid back on its under the dash...

Back