DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

Ok so just X out the fuse tap into #23; got it...but, I'm not quite sure how I need to wire into the #12 fuse under the hood.
From the relay it has the Switch(green), Ground(black), Fog Split(red), Power(white), and Ignition(green)

Where does the Ingnition(green) get wired to? #12 fuse, and if so, how?
green is relay switch power, so that comes from your button/toggle
ground is ground of course
fog split (or in electrical terms the positive) will be power out of the relay coming from the switch to send power to the fogs
white will come directly from the battery (consistent power)
dark green (forest green usually) is the ignition source... in your case of course cabin fuse 12

you can take a picture or i can draw you a diagram is that makes it easier for you. im at work now, so i have access to my wiring programs.

I'll take a picture of all wires today and maybe you could mark them with arrows and label them when you have a chance.​

The PDF file (see bottom of this post) is the directions we got from CarID. You will see slight differences compared to what we got.

P1030054.JPG

P1030050.JPG

P1030053.JPG

P1030049.JPG

P1030048.JPG

P1030052.JPG

Attachments

• fog-lights-installation-instructions.pdf
    922.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Oh, BTW, the fuse tap and terminal connector are mine and did not come with the fog light package.

Anyone have a pic of the fuse box in the engine bay. Where should I be looking to plug in that relay? (the 4 prong female plug)

Anyone have a pic of the fuse box in the engine bay. Where should I be looking to plug in that relay? (the 4 prong female plug)
paGE #1... OF THIS THREAD HAHAHAHAH

zFunAvf.jpg

^^^ ya, I found that earlier, that's how I answered my own question. :pat:

So, this #12 slot is where the green wire goes, but where does the relay plug into?

^^^ ya, I found that earlier, that's how I answered my own question. :pat:

So, this #12 slot is where the green wire goes, but where does the relay plug into?
just 12v + consistent power and ground lol. the relay controls the rest from the switch and ignition wire (green) from #12 cabin

Ok thats what I was thinking, but also if we fuse tap it, what amp fuse do we put in there along with the 20a fuse that is already in place?
Im assuming the fuse is for the relay itself but still confused because you already have a constant from the battery... ugh lol
I wish I had my damn watt meter to check...if I'm correct, the #12 slot should be ignitioned sensed and when the key turns on it then the fogs work; but then why a constant power from the battery?

The constant power feed from the battery is what powers the lights, the wire coming from the ignition fuse turns on the relay. The relay handles the heavy switching load, connects power fed in from terminal # 30 to # 87 output to the lights.

The constant power feed from the battery is what powers the lights, the wire coming from the ignition fuse turns on the relay. The relay handles the heavy switching load, connects power fed in from terminal # 30 to # 87 output to the lights.
those number values are on the relay and may change according to the spec of relay you decide to purchase.

Back