Enkei RPF1?

No prob. I wanted rpf1's originally too thats why I know. I looked and looked but I couldnt fit em in my budget with tires and everything.

Coilovers can be had for just under 1k. If you don't go too low right away you won't need a camber kit. If you save up and get them later then you could drop even further without issue.

d2's for $975.

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=9606

Nix thanks for all the help.
I gotta stay with stock tires so maybe 17x8 +35 or 7.5 but idk the offset

some companies run 195's on 7" rims from the factory. It's not like 215 is bad

thats true.
out of curiosity on an Si the 7 inch wide wheel is a +45. what offset would u run in a 7.5 and 8 respectively, while using the stock tire?

thanks

offset just changes where the wheel sits in the wheel well. The higher the number, the wheel moves towards the inside. The lower the number, the wheel moves out towards the fender.

You could easily run anything between +45 (stock) and +35 maybe even +30 with no issue in either size wheel.

Good info here, have a question to add.. I have a set of rpf1s 17x8 +45 from my old car and I want to put them on the new car with some fresh summer rubber. Originally I had 215/45 on them but I'm looking to get wider, more performance oriented size. From what I've seen 235/40 is the way to go, I'm just concerned I may come in contact with the suspension (+45), any input would be great

Good info here, have a question to add.. I have a set of rpf1s 17x8 +45 from my old car and I want to put them on the new car with some fresh summer rubber. Originally I had 215/45 on them but I'm looking to get wider, more performance oriented size. From what I've seen 235/40 is the way to go, I'm just concerned I may come in contact with the suspension (+45), any input would be great
Lots of grip haha. No you shouldn't run into any problems

What suspension are you on? I had a set of 17x8 +45 Kosei's with 235/45/17's mounted and they cleared the struts up front by a couple of mm's. I've also run 235/40's on 17x9 RPF1s, on a different car, and yes they stretch a little bit, maybe more than my initial setup because RT615k's tend to be bigger than their actual measurements. Don't run the 215 on an 8. I've done that in the past and I immediately regretted it. If our suspension and body lines are anything like the 8th gens or DC5s, we **SHOULD** be able to run 245's safely. I haven't tried yet, so don't get mad if you try and it doesn't work out :hatsoff:

Here are some pictures for reference --
17x8 + 45 with the 235/45 on my car. remember, this is stock suspension, but it looks like everything would have cleared even with coilovers/springs.
8402766399_b699c96732_z.jpg

8403859304_95837ae1d3_z.jpg

Here's the 235/40/17 on a 17x9 RPF1. It's on my old Miata, but you get the idea --
5714761755_8020c9a2cc_z.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, looks pretty good. For now im on stock suspension but just planning on hfp or koni setup in the future so I won't be going to low. My biggest concern was the wheels hitting the suspension. If I run into trouble I guess I could just throw spacers on. Aside from fitment how do the larger wheel/tires do for handling? Feel more grip?

Sweet, looks pretty good. For now im on stock suspension but just planning on hfp or koni setup in the future so I won't be going to low. My biggest concern was the wheels hitting the suspension. If I run into trouble I guess I could just throw spacers on. Aside from fitment how do the larger wheel/tires do for handling? Feel more grip?

17x8 +45 is close to stock (17x7 +45 if I remember right) and HFP springs don't drop too much. I don't really see any problems with fitment. As for tires, it's all about what tires you buy. I've ran RT615s, RT615ks, RS3s and Star Specs in the past. I'll be trying out the R1R's from Toyo this time around, but I plan on taking the car out to the track in stock form before making any changes to wheels/tires and suspension.

You can run the 235's on the x8, or even 225's. Both setups have a large selection. When I test fit my 235's, it cleared the front suspension fine, sat within the wheel wells, although I didn't drive it aggressively to see if it rubbed at all.

Maybe somebody here can help. I have the TL a-spec wheels, 18x8 +45, getting powder coated this coming week and need to get tires. Will 235/40/18 fit without rubbing? Is this the optimal tire size for performance? I'm lowered on skunk2 springs. Sorry for jacking the thread too.

Maybe somebody here can help. I have the TL a-spec wheels, 18x8 +45, getting powder coated this coming week and need to get tires. Will 235/40/18 fit without rubbing? Is this the optimal tire size for performance? I'm lowered on skunk2 springs. Sorry for jacking the thread too.

18x8 with a +45, you're going to probably want to run a 225/40/18.

Hi there i have a STOCK civic LX FB2 (Just Bought 2 months ago) , and i want those Rpf1's on mine ,and i'm a bit tight about my budget , i was wondering if i can Drop 1.5inch front and rear with 17x8.5 ,what would be the best tire size for me?? i want almost same performance as STOCK but a more better look . THANKS !!

Hi there i have a STOCK civic LX FB2 (Just Bought 2 months ago) , and i want those Rpf1's on mine ,and i'm a bit tight about my budget , i was wondering if i can Drop 1.5inch front and rear with 17x8.5 ,what would be the best tire size for me?? i want almost same performance as STOCK but a more better look . THANKS !!

and uhm , i mean 17x8.5 with +35

Back