Ethlar's significantly faster CM6

one of these days ill get the car apart and get my front camber adjustable arms in

So the upper arms are still on my shelf, my jack is shot so i cant get the car up

But i did change the tired steering wheel leather out for a redline goods wrap

gave the car a thorough detail and paint correction

and took a picture that just made me happy

i do have a harbor freight nearby, been holding off going in there cause i have no money (grad school) and still have to deal with that gravel driveway. I think a bottle jack might be a better call for the gravel driveway but i also only have a year left in school and really should be working on that not getting under the car

hah, I get it. That one may not be great to use in gravel like you said too

no i dont know him, just happened to find the pic when i was trying to see how the sport wheels would look on the car.

I like the TL-s wheels more though, gain the extra width with almost no weight gain per wheel, the sport wheels are heavy as hell

so this happened today

now i need help, alignment is happening monday, but im not sure what specs i should go for. Right now front camber is sitting close to 0, i have the potential to go up to -1.5 according to the adjustment bolts. Rear suspension is pretty much fixed cause i couldnt get the camber arms out a couple years ago

@Nix @squiggy HELP!

Last edited:
The car looks great! I was just thinking the other day I should have bought a v6 6 spd accord

so this happened today

now i need help, alignment is happening monday, but im not sure what specs i should go for. Right now front camber is sitting close to 0, i have the potential to go up to -1.5 according to the adjustment bolts. Rear suspension is pretty much fixed cause i couldnt get the camber arms out a couple years ago

@Nix @squiggy HELP!
redshift has a list of suggested settings for various driving conditions here that's helpful -

http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift06CivicTech.htm

Put the front camber just over -1. If they can get both sides even to -1.2/-1.3 or so it will help a ton. You shouldn't get too much tire wear from it either. Going to the full -1.5 isn't that much more of a stretch. For the once a year dragon run, maybe run a little less for the DD stuff. I run -1.2F, wear seems fine and it helps not kill the outer shoulder.

EDIT: If you're running "soft" all seasons I would go the full -1.5. You'll put more wear on those tires in the upcoming weekend than you will in a year of normal driving.

im on the conti extreme contact dws tires so yea theyre kinda soft

I'd pump some extra air in those things. They have crazy soft sidewalls

I've got the revised dws06, I keep them up around 40 but I think the sidewall is firmer than the original dws tires

Watch the "cupping" with the high PSI. I wrecked my RE-11's running 35psi continuously on the Civic. The shoulders are fine and the centers are run down. I'm shocked to be honest but man, yea, -1.5 and run recommended PSI unless you're at the Dragon. Check hot/cold down there. They gain a lot of pressure from the heat. Your car is heavy + power. I bet you end up over 40psi if you run close to 35 cold.

only if i had the headlights on

Reactions: Nix
Back