Ethlar's significantly faster CM6

Nothing fun and exciting happened recently with the Big Blue Boat, got to drive a TLX and it felt like a slower but similar handling version of my car

Did hit a milestone on my last work trip, also means im that much closer to the dreaded timing belt and water pump service

IMG_1404-1.JPG

if you want to go full old man the 49 combined mpg on the hybrid is tough to beat, sport mode almost makes it tolerable too

if you want to go full old man the 49 combined mpg on the hybrid is tough to beat, sport mode almost makes it tolerable too

Ummm.. don't know about full old man.

Also not looking at brand new anything

how about a gently used TLX then

its strongly encouraged, doesnt the WRX take premium?

its strongly encouraged, doesnt the WRX take premium?
the 2015's+ actually run 87, but it says premium recommended. The newer turbo forester also says 87.

=======

XKhz3R8.png

interesting, didnt realize they had made that change

93 octane.JPG

There have been people with '15 WRX's (I am sure '16 & '17 WRX's also) that have ran 87 octane and they got a lot of knock feedback. Once they put 93 octane in it the knock went away.

I don't understand why would you spend $30k on a turbo "performance" vehicle and run 87 octane in it when most people would notice a difference if they ran a higher octane gas.

Attachments

• 93 octane 1.JPG
    93 octane 1.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Nix
recommended premium but not "required". The wrx prior to 2015 said this:

The engine is designed to operate using premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 AKI (95 RON) or higher. If premium unleaded gasoline is not available, regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 AKI (90 RON) or higher may be temporarily used. For optimum engine performance and driveability, it is required that you use premium grade unleaded gasoline.
NOTE
Be sure to use premium unleaded gasoline of 91 AKI (95 RON) or higher. If other gasoline (lower than 91 AKI (95 RON)) is used, knocking, reduced output and poor accelerator response will result.

recommended premium but not "required". The wrx prior to 2015 said this:

The engine is designed to operate using premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 AKI (95 RON) or higher. If premium unleaded gasoline is not available, regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 AKI (90 RON) or higher may be temporarily used. For optimum engine performance and driveability, it is required that you use premium grade unleaded gasoline.
NOTE
Be sure to use premium unleaded gasoline of 91 AKI (95 RON) or higher. If other gasoline (lower than 91 AKI (95 RON)) is used, knocking, reduced output and poor accelerator response will result.

It says the same thing for the 2015 WRX that you said above.

https://view.joomag.com/subaru-wrx-...ti-owners-manual/0446787001392305169?page=330

FiST runs great on 87. The only time I felt it was in 3rd, one corner on the dragon. It felt a tad sluggish (a bit is used loosely). Overall, 93 really is not needed for performance. Best bet for FiST performance is lighter wheels and 225mm 200TW tires

Reactions: Nix
FiST runs great on 87. The only time I felt it was in 3rd, one corner on the dragon. It felt a tad sluggish (a bit is used loosely). Overall, 93 really is not needed for performance. Best bet for FiST performance is lighter wheels and 225mm 200TW tires

I will have to try it out.....would save $3-4 a tank....

I will have to try it out.....would save $3-4 a tank....

Is $3-$4/tank really worth the savings?

Total Savings

$16/month
$192/year

When I break it down like that.... Regular vs Premium isn't that big of a savings.

Is $3-$4/tank really worth the savings?

Total Savings

$16/month
$192/year

When I break it down like that.... Regular vs Premium isn't that big of a savings.

Simple answer is no, not really.

It is close to 1 car payment for just from gas savings, lol....but in my case it would be even less yearly saving since I don't fill up every week.

Back