Ethlar's significantly faster CM6

the leds are high power emitters, so they do tend to heat up, if they werent heat sinked, as the emitters heated up they would draw more power creating more heat and eventually go into thermal runaway until they blew up

theres 2 emitters for each lens in the jewel array, the high power emitters for low and high beams, which shoot into those chrome parabolic scoops, and then a strip of lower power leds across the top that make the lenses light up for the DRL

now i want to see if the control puck will let me send power to the DRL signal and the low beams, so that i can have the power of the low beams but have all 5 lenses lit up

you can see the light at the top of each lens is the drl emitter, and then the 3 brighter lenses are running the low beams

so when you run the lows, you'll still have a little light out of the 2 highs? That's what you're after/testing?

ill be able to, not sure if its a good idea, i dont think the MDX does it stock, probably due to heat concerns

Where did you find the used headlight? Do you have a special connection or just good ole ebay?

Looks like my Accord retro will sell next week and I am keeping the HID kit and maybe the DRL controller wire thingy, lol. Might look into doing a retro on the Fit if it is not too much $$$. Personal bills are killing all my fun $$$.

just surfing ebay looking for a deal, there are a couple lights that have been on there with busted tabs and cracked housings that sold for cheap. I sent Rich at HID Illusionz the pictures so far, hes gone from unsure if its going to work to eager to get it done and already planning on attempting it on his own car

I hear you on the bills, being responsible sucks sometimes

The Dragon made you want to upgrade the suspension?

very much so, i was driving way behind everyone in turns, the bigger heavier car just cant keep up.

Amusingly the accord guys saw the lean in these pics and think i had the car closer to the edge than i thought since i already have TL-s sways

img_0671 224pm.png
img_7557 1245pm.png

Wow. That is a lot of roll. The stock suspension seems to be super soft.

it is, i want to find a suspension option that lets me retain most of that softness for highway driving, but when i want to do something like the dragon i can turn up the firmness. I have my sights set on a Tein SS-P setup with the EDFC but reality will probably end up more like koni yellows with coil sleeves

very much so, i was driving way behind everyone in turns, the bigger heavier car just cant keep up.

Amusingly the accord guys saw the lean in these pics and think i had the car closer to the edge than i thought since i already have TL-s sways

View attachment 40919
View attachment 40921
Interestingly, I did a comparison of last year's pics and this year's from The Dragon photographers and last year my Si looked like your Accord this year. I only had the Progress 22mm RSB and Moog rear endlinks. For this year, I added front Moog endlinks, H&R springs, SPC camber bolts and arms. HUGE difference compared to last year.

financially id rather do koni yellows and the coil sleeve setup, i just liked the idea of on the fly damping rate adjustment from the edfc

That just made me want a wax, that thing is amazing

Back