8th Gen Ethlar's Slow ASM FA1 Build

still searching for one last part before i can start the install

Looks good man :thumbsup:

I don't think I had ever actually seen all that you've done to your car before. Seeing all the lighting and everything you have done seems like a nightmare. I cannot stand working with electrical stuff :giggle:

So the past few weeks have been interesting. The engine spontaneously seized, oil disappeared, but no sounds, elevated temps, oil light or loss of power, just parked the car and found it with a seized engine when i got back to it.

After letting it sit on the dealer service lot for a few weeks while i made arrangements to get it home, i got the engine freed up with a little Marvel Mystery Oil and after i added 3 quarts of oil the dipstick was reading a inch over full, just adding to the mystery.

In the 2 weeks that the car sat on the lot i had to figure out what i was going to do, not knowing the engine was going to be easily freed, i was looking at buying a car. during that time my parents also decided to buy a car and gave me one of their old ones.

Unfortunately it means the civic will be sold, probably by friday.

Fortunately, this is the new to me car (moms old car), 06 Accord v6 6mt with Navi, definitely faster than the civic, but not quite as nimble and way worse on gas

2014-04-30 10.20.48.jpg

The 6MT is hard to come by. Ive read on the 7thgen accord forum that owners upgrade the stock rear sway bar (14mm) with a 20mm TL Type-S rear sway bar.

rear TL-S sway is definitely happening, front might be as well. Im not sure i want to lower the car, i like the highway ride. I guess i need to make a new build thread

the important bits

I still consider the 6-speed V6 Accord a very cool car.

its a fantastic car, just a shame honda only made sedans for 06 and 07

At least it isn't the 05 Accord sedan with the hideous rear end. Lol.

nope, i get the led tails, im thinking of getting some led bulbs for the turn signals too

Back