Exhaust with performance that sounds stock

Tony-si

Van Nuys, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
I know it's a silly question but I'm looking to make my si a sleeper even though it is an SI. Are there mufflers out there with better flow that sound stock? Back in the day when i was a Saleen owner I had flowmaster 2 chambers and I loved it but I dont care for it to be loud anymore.

closest thing to stock is the invidia q300. As far as gains, nothing is going to really help performance without hondata flashpro or ktuner with a custom tune for your specific vehicle. The ecu will keep adjusting to compensate with intakes, exhausts, downpipes etc and can actually make the performance worse.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaW_zy7S9q0

Already beaten to it but yes, general consensus is Invidia Q300 if you want gains in power but not sound.

If you're looking for more power get flash pro with a downipe/"header" and tune. That's the big area to hit on this particular car. Don't waste time with the intake unless you're going with a massive one like the PRL. The stock setup is very very good surprisingly.

Already beaten to it but yes, general consensus is Invidia Q300 if you want gains in power but not sound.

If you're looking for more power get flash pro with a downipe/"header" and tune. That's the big area to hit on this particular car. Don't waste time with the intake unless you're going with a massive one like the PRL. The stock setup is very very good surprisingly.
the only thing with intake im gonna do is get a K&N for now then later get a cold forced intake.

It's a full mandrel bent stainless steel catback exhaust. Some other brands run $700+ to start before options. You also may lose some power with the k&n drop in filter. Just be aware.

Yeah, most of not all exhausts are $500 and up unless you find one used.

Op you're in socal, you will definitely find a plethora of parts on Craigslist or Facebook down there. Go used and you'll find great deals.

Reactions: Nix
Op you're in socal, you will definitely find a plethora of parts on Craigslist or Facebook down there. Go used and you'll find great deals.
When you make a change you all say tune. do i have to goto a dealer or how do you mean tune? i would not know the optimal settings still getting same gas millage. i heard of a tweek but saw it on youtube cant find it.

You take the car to a performance shop that has a dyno to tune the hondata flashpro or ktuner unit. If you don't have a shop that deals with either, you need to pay someone like vitviper for an "etune". You send him data logs and he sends you a new tune for your car. Most people say it takes around 30 or so revisions from him until he has it completely dialed in for your car.

http://vittuned.com/tuning-services.html

You take the car to a performance shop that has a dyno to tune the hondata flashpro or ktuner unit. If you don't have a shop that deals with either, you need to pay someone like vitviper for an "etune". You send him data logs and he sends you a new tune for your car. Most people say it takes around 30 or so revisions from him until he has it completely dialed in for your car.

http://vittuned.com/tuning-services.html
damn what happened to the days of put it on and drive? lol

damn what happened to the days of put it on and drive? lol
There is a generic "reflash" tune they provide, but it's nothing compared to having a custom tune for the aftermarket parts you have installed.

There is a generic "reflash" tune they provide, but it's nothing compared to having a custom tune for the aftermarket parts you have installed.
when i owned a saleen i just threw flowmasters in and i was good to go. is it because these are catbacks?

when i owned a saleen i just threw flowmasters in and i was good to go. is it because these are catbacks?
You could just through on this exhaust and go too, but you won't get the performance benefits without tuning the ECU for the greater airflow

cars are much more complicated than they used to be with the ECU constantly adjusting. Flashpro and a tune, even stock, is totally worth it.

for the Intake I would suggest the PRL kit they have a SRI and a CAI. I am running the skunk2 they are both 3.5" piping.

as my car sit I have the skunk2 CAI, Full-Race 3" Downpipe catless, and a Throttle body spacer. with Hondata and a full custom tune from VitViper. with my car having the catless DP it is not bad at normal throttle or just on the highway but when you start to get on it you can tell there is a deference in loudness but it is not bad. I would assume with the cat it would barely be noticeable with the Q300. but I plain on going Full-Race all the way.

Skunk2 exhaust, prl cai, sk2 catless and my car is insanely loud. Silencer cuts the noise by 50% though.but like everyone says. Flashpro is a must so factor that into the cost of the exhaust.

Skunk2 exhaust, prl cai, sk2 catless and my car is insanely loud. Silencer cuts the noise by 50% though.but like everyone says. Flashpro is a must so factor that into the cost of the exhaust.
I have the same set up except cai is skunk2. Car is crazy loud but the silencer makes it perfect for me. Not too loud but loud enough when yo step on it.

Isn't the Greddy Supreme SP supposed to be fairly quiet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back