Exhaust with performance that sounds stock

So?
It's lighter and offers more clearance than a 3 inch exhaust. And it'll support darn near 300 hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only issue I would see is with the DP and mine is fine. to me $700 is a lot of money to just lose 2 lbs even tho it should flow better that is 100 more than the FR and for a small gain.

cars are much more complicated than they used to be with the ECU constantly adjusting. Flashpro and a tune, even stock, is totally worth it.
so if i get a K&N i have to get that done to my car to get a tune?

so if i get a K&N i have to get that done to my car to get a tune?

for a K&N drop in filter? you will not need a tune. but getting a FlashPro and a custom tune will help your car a lot. when I did the SK2 CAI I got a check engine light even when using the Base map Hondata used since it was the 3.5". in my honest opinion I would get the flash pro and custom tune from VitViper it is $800.00 for the flashPro and the custom tune. just with that you will see a larger improvement across the entire rev range. and you will have the flashPro so once you really start getting parts in you can throw them on and get a Re-tune for $100.00

If you're looking for stock sound and comfort just do what @mySIck said. Buy the flash pro ultimate tune bundle from vit because no mod is going to be worth doing power wise without the added noise or extra vibrations in the cabin.

for a K&N drop in filter? you will not need a tune. but getting a FlashPro and a custom tune will help your car a lot. when I did the SK2 CAI I got a check engine light even when using the Base map Hondata used since it was the 3.5". in my honest opinion I would get the flash pro and custom tune from VitViper it is $800.00 for the flashPro and the custom tune. just with that you will see a larger improvement across the entire rev range. and you will have the flashPro so once you really start getting parts in you can throw them on and get a Re-tune for $100.00
i dont have the budget for that. with what im paying monthly for the car. :( how much more hp does the q300 get you?

i dont have the budget for that. with what im paying monthly for the car. :( how much more hp does the q300 get you?
I completely understand that 100% I bought mine brand new and it killed my pockets. but honestly I would save up for Hondata and a tune. you will see the largest gain in WHP and Ft-LBS though out the rev range, it will be more responsive, it will help with that rev hang and so on. you can possibly find someone selling a Hondata for 500 or less. (if you do find a used one you need to make sure it is unlocked if not you will not be able to do anything with it and Hondata will not unlock it. so be careful if you buy one used.)

but if you just want to do the q300 alone you may see a 3-5 WHP gain but not to sure on that. and as you get more supporting mod like the DP and the airbox upgrade ( cold air or Short ram intake) you will see a better improvement with a custom tune.

I completely understand that 100% I bought mine brand new and it killed my pockets. but honestly I would save up for Hondata and a tune. you will see the largest gain in WHP and Ft-LBS though out the rev range, it will be more responsive, it will help with that rev hang and so on. you can possibly find someone selling a Hondata for 500 or less. (if you do find a used one you need to make sure it is unlocked if not you will not be able to do anything with it and Hondata will not unlock it. so be careful if you buy one used.)

but if you just want to do the q300 alone you may see a 3-5 WHP gain but not to sure on that. and as you get more supporting mod like the DP and the airbox upgrade ( cold air or Short ram intake) you will see a better improvement with a custom tune.
im going get a K&N for now so i get better intake as a start. i would have to look around for performance shop that offers hondata etc..

The drop in panel filter or the actual "cold air intake"?

Don't waste your time with the intake other than the panel, and even at that I wouldn't spend the money.

The drop in panel filter or the actual "cold air intake"?

Don't waste your time with the intake other than the panel, and even at that I wouldn't spend the money.
whats wrong with a k&n filter? it fits the stock box

I ran one for a while. It was fine and I noticed a small increase in mpg and sound. I don't know if it was worth the $50 in the end. In all honesty put the $50 towards saving up for flash pro and a tune. Even stock you'll get a ton of benefits and you will need it later for other mods you might do.

I mostly just wanted to make sure you were not buying any of the intakes out there other than the PRL/Skunk2 ones. But they require FP to run.

I ran one for a while. It was fine and I noticed a small increase in mpg and sound. I don't know if it was worth the $50 in the end. In all honesty put the $50 towards saving up for flash pro and a tune. Even stock you'll get a ton of benefits and you will need it later for other mods you might do.

I mostly just wanted to make sure you were not buying any of the intakes out there other than the PRL/Skunk2 ones. But they require FP to run.
i dont have the budge for all that stuff at the moments so im doing little stuff here and there.

I would personally buy a flash pro from VitViper with the custom tune. once you save enough money up. it's a really good deal and I wish someone would have
told me about it in the beginning.

but some cheaper things you can do in the mean time is the hasport mounts the 62A for the rear will help you out and the Tball traction kit from full race is something else to look into doing this will help a lot with the wheel hop you get.
check out Procivic.com and Axion industries I buy stuff from them a lot and call each of them sometimes you can get a good deal and save some money.

@mySIck is giving you great advice man. There are only a handful of power mods that actually make gains. Check vit vipers blogs he has great info on there and I trust his expertise. Bolt ons are gonna run you around 1500-2000 with flash pro and tune. You wanna do them all at the same time as well so you car doesn't run like sh*t. Just do little mods like a sway bar or projectors(the retrofit source has good deals on Black Friday) or motor mounts, short shifter or save up and do it right the first time.

Back