F-CAN Bus Connectors

nikey22

Canada
Vehicle Model
LX-NAVI
Body Style
Sedan
There are some differences between LX (non-NAVI) and EX (NAVI) models when it comes to CONNECTOR B (20P).

The following F-CAN connectors are NOT present on an LX model.
F-CAN stands for: Fast Controller Area Networks, and shares information across different ECUs within the car.
F-CAN, from what I know, probably shares information about Fuel and Emissions system, while B-CAN shares information about the "body" of the car, doors open, parking brake etc....

On Connector B (NAVI units), the wires for this information are as follows:

B1, (RED) F CAN-L
B2, (WHT) F CAN-H

see picture attached:

navi F-CAN wires.JPG

Again, they don't seem to exist on an LX harness, so where do they eventually go is the question? Does anyone know?

Without them, the F-CAN BUS will be OFF and a red ICON will show up in the NAVI diagnostics.
What do they do for the NAVI system, Is fuel information necessary for example in the NAVI unit?...

Last edited:
So you do know where the wires go, or you're unsure where the wires go? I'm not sure if your post is a question or a statement? Did you get the info above from the honda wiring guide?

Hello, sorry I do NOT know where these wires go to.
If anyone knows please post.

Answering my own question:

After doing a lot more research, it appears that B1 connects to F4, and B2 connects to F5 of the Center Junction BOX 2. Now if I could only find Center Junction Box #2. There are only 2 junction boxes in this car and I believe they are near the dash fusebox.

did you get the wiring info from the link above?

Back