Factory head unit, malfunction or useless clock option?

littleshak

Rillton, Pa
Vehicle Model
fg4
Body Style
Coupe
I was messing around with settings on my radio today (2015 si 7inch touchscreen) and i went into the clock settings, there it's an option for clock location ( top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right). I've always had it on the top right which is where it was when i got the car, but when i set it to any other spot it's still in the top right. Shouldn't it change spots? I turned the clock off, it disappeared, turned it back on, still top right, even though i had it set to bottom left. Help it's confusing the piss out of me.

It sounds more like there's something you're not completing in the sequence to take the change....... That's usually the case when I'm trying to do something........

Does the manual talk about displaying it in other spots?

Once you get out of those screens back to the radio area, I'm guessing it still doesn't change? Someone with your setup will have to chime in. I have no way of testing your situation.

This was all i could find
From what I'm reading here, there is the remote possibility that your phone and car are playing games with each other????? May be the clock placement setting on one is not allowing the other to change???????

Had anyone checked this out? I'm kind of thinking it might be for when you have an iphone hooked up through the hdmi, but i don't have an iphone.

Had anyone checked this out? I'm kind of thinking it might be for when you have an iphone hooked up through the hdmi, but i don't have an iphone.
Mine is doing the same....the clock just stays to the top right regardless of what position you select.
I don't have the hdmi cable to test that out with the iPhone.

I just set mine to off since there is a clock displayed on the iMid screen. No need for 2 clocks to be displayed.

I actually figured this out about a month ago but i forgot to post it on here.
If you bring up the wallpaper and don't have the analog or digital clock on it shows up wherever you have it set.20160304_123823_edited.jpg 20160304_123718_edited.jpg

Back