Fall ride in my Coupe (1.8)

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
I'm posting two videos. They are the same except one is with YouTube's crap selection of music, and the other is no music, just the car and road noises. One reason for having both is I haven't figured out how to post on YT with music until after I have posted with the original. And, YT won't let me just delete videos I've entered to their system.

You can see the GoPro is moving a little(by watching some car parts) It's a pretty solid mount but the road is that bumpy, which is to say a lot for the cars ride, it absorbs the road well(I'm coming from a Jeep YJ mind you).
The location of the GP is mounted so it's about 1 or 2 inches above my left eye(but more foward as it's attached to the windscreen) as I normally sit in the car. It's on the big suction cup with the fewest amount of links as possible(3). I did have to reverse the image because the camera is upside down(which can be done at the camera before shooting).
Music:

View: http://youtu.be/bhPrWz4ZOos

Natual:

View: http://youtu.be/eM_RfGR-2rM

this is with a mounted gopro on a suction cup, correct? I'm really starting to hate the anti-shake thing youtube is doing to some videos. It makes it look like the thing is moving all over the place, yet I know you said it's on your windscreen.

when logged into youtube - try this link
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

That should list your uploads. Use the check box to the left of the video you want to get rid of. Then, just above the 1st vid on the list you should see a button with "Actions" and a downward arrow. Click that, and the first option in the dropdown should say "delete".

Thx webby
"That should list your uploads. Use the check box to the left of the video you want to get rid of. Then, just above the 1st vid on the list you should see a button with "Actions" and a downward arrow. Click that, and the first option in the dropdown should say "delete"."

That'll work, Thanks.

Yes I'm using the GP suck-cup , and I did use the anti-shake thing, which is an option as of last night(I haven't seen it before) , I'll not select it next time and see what's shaking as, not.

And thx for posting my YT video link, maybe I'll get some viewers now.

if done without the anti-shake....the static portions of your car will stay in the same place the entire video. It won't look like the camera is zooming in/out, and moving. Look at your A-Pillar in the vid and it's going left right, up down...zooming in/out. Maybe it's just me, but it bothers me. If you don't use the anti-shake thing it'll remain static in the shot for the entire vid. Give it a shot and see how they compare.

if done without the anti-shake....the static portions of your car will stay in the same place the entire video. It won't look like the camera is zooming in/out, and moving. Look at your A-Pillar in the vid and it's going left right, up down...zooming in/out. Maybe it's just me, but it bothers me. If you don't use the anti-shake thing it'll remain static in the shot for the entire vid. Give it a shot and see how they compare.

I haven't used it in my other vid's and it looks fine, so I'll stay away from it for now on, thx.

Just wondering......... How many of you would rather just watch a video with the road/car sounds, and how many want the music mexed with it?

I feel as if I might be eating at a Chinese restaurant with the 1st music. Did you say youtube added that music?

Get a cheap software, I picked up sony vegas Movie studio HD 11 for under $50. It works way better then YouTubes editor. You can throw what ever music over it and raise the volume of the music or video.

YT offers soundtracks that are legal to play on YT, I try to find something on their list that has a equal running time with my movies. I'd prefer my own and have tried it but the movie get's quarantined. So any time I want to hide to wind noise or what ever sound that sucks I'll play music, hence YTunes(new word).

ahh, I had no idea they even offered that. Do a search for "royalty free music" in any search engine. There are tons of sites that offer tons of audio tracks & sound clips for use in videos/independent movies/you name it.

Get a cheap software, I picked up sony vegas Movie studio HD 11 for under $50. It works way better then YouTubes editor. You can throw what ever music over it and raise the volume of the music or video.
But.... Can you post it on YT with your own selection of music after you've edited it on your own software? From what they've told me they can't/won't let us use pirated music(even if we bought it).

I feel as if I might be eating at a Chinese restaurant with the 1st music. Did you say youtube added that music?

It was my choice of music, from their selection. It didn't suck as much as the other stuff I was forced to endure listening to trying to pick something. I'd much rather have John Prine or CCR , etc.

ahh, I had no idea they even offered that. Do a search for "royalty free music" in any search engine. There are tons of sites that offer tons of audio tracks & sound clips for use in videos/independent movies/you name it.
Now that sounds like a winner.......... Thanks

But.... Can you post it on YT with your own selection of music after you've edited it on your own software? From what they've told me they can't/won't let us use pirated music(even if we bought it).
yes you can. Youtube is about copytights. I have uploaded a ton of videos with different tracks. You will get a copyright notice and YouTube will either mute it or let it go depending on what the owner allows. If they mute it, delete it then reupload with a different track. There are also disclaimers for rights for videos you can add to the description.

yes you can. Youtube is about copytights. I have uploaded a ton of videos with different tracks. You will get a copyright notice and YouTube will either mute it or let it go depending on what the owner allows. If they mute it, delete it then reupload with a different track. There are also disclaimers for rights for videos you can add to the description.
Thanks

Back