Blimpcity

Jezza
VIP Member
NEO
Vehicle Model
Civic Type R - FK8
Body Style
Sedan
Sunday afternoon, local Summit Racing retail store, a can of Dupli-color caliper paint, and an some ice cold Yuengling. What more could you ask for? Here are some photos. The project took about 2 hours since I had to do them one at a time. Chose yellow for the contrast with the Rallye Red. I'd like to take some photos of them while in motion, but that will have to wait for another day. Photo Jun 17, 6 53 45 PM (HDR).jpgPhoto Jun 17, 6 59 37 PM (HDR).jpgPhoto Jun 17, 7 26 47 PM (HDR).jpgPhoto Jun 17, 8 57 16 PM (HDR).jpgPhoto Jun 17, 7 39 56 PM (HDR).jpgPhoto Jun 17, 7 48 04 PM (HDR).jpgPhoto Jun 17, 7 05 02 PM (HDR).jpgIMG_8587.jpgIMG_8588.jpgIMG_8589.jpg

Very nice, It's totally a different look, looks good. I did mine calipers with a brush, and let me tell you that took me a very long time lol. How many coats did you ended up applying?

Very nice, It's totally a different look, looks good. I did mine calipers with a brush, and let me tell you that took me a very long time lol. How many coats did you ended up applying?
Fast drying stuff. I applied one complete coat, and then hit them again about 20 minutes later with another. I might do another this weekend as well, although I don't think they need it because they look pretty good as they are. I need to get a set of gun metal wheels or plasti-dip mine to make them really pop...Gotta sell that to the wife though.

Plasti-dipping the rims as we speak...stay tuned...

Waits to see what color was used
Well Webby, you are correct to suspect something unconventional...however, apparently Lowes does not sell any other color but flat black. I did ask however. My company sells it in white, red and yellow as well as black, but I think the black would look the best considering the flat black trim around the windows and the other black elements on the car. Anyway, I'll have some photos when I'm finished. I will have two completed today and will finish the remaining two tomorrow.

Back