Rev 1.4.1 works great now (as of yesterday afternoon) and I can now personally attest to the removal of rev hang with the use of flashpro.
Yo Colin! That is truly Outstanding news... are you happy or what?! :rockwoot: ..... really glad you you sprung for the FP; we know you debated long and hard. I sprung, too -- just sidetracked with the bad download and haven't touched it since. Soon, i'll be hiring the guys over at FlashTuning (Vit and company) to map some extra calibrations. Will let you know how it goes.... but seems like everybody loves their work.

Have a great -- and RevHangFree -- weekend! :vtec:

Yo Colin! That is truly Outstanding news... are you happy or what?! :rockwoot: ..... really glad you you sprung for the FP; we know you debated long and hard. I sprung, too -- just sidetracked with the bad download and haven't touched it since. Soon, i'll be hiring the guys over at FlashTuning (Vit and company) to map some extra calibrations. Will let you know how it goes.... but seems like everybody loves their work.

Have a great -- and RevHangFree -- weekend! :vtec:

Thanks! I did debate a long time, worried about the manufacturer. Finally decided, they left us out in the cold with rev hang, so there's no choice but to resort to self-help. Real happy.
You would benefit from Vit's tune right now if you have any mods.

Considering doing this. Can I expect much gains with a flash pro + e-tune on a completely stock car?

Considering doing this. Can I expect much gains with a flash pro + e-tune on a completely stock car?

Wondering the same if anyone has dine this... FP with good tune will open potential of the car stock on 8th gen..with this motor don't see why it would be different. But I want to know if it is worth it, I don't get rev hang on my si... Could dump cash from 8th FP into a credit card but if if it is huge diff from stock screw it I loved my old si the way it drove

Wondering the same if anyone has dine this... FP with good tune will open potential of the car stock on 8th gen..with this motor don't see why it would be different. But I want to know if it is worth it, I don't get rev hang on my si... Could dump cash from 8th FP into a credit card but if if it is huge diff from stock screw it I loved my old si the way it drove

I'd say probably 7-10hp on a complete stock car is feasible. I have yet to see a tune NOT improve vehicle performance, no matter what mods.

Getting FP in the future. I can speak to the reflash part of this chain though. If the reflash map is the same as the reflash then its great. I've had reflash since March; rev hang completely gone, 7600 red line, improved throttle response. Seems like it would be a good starting point if you are trying to tune on your own.

i'll let you know. I have a completely stock 2012 SI coupe. Part of my tuning won't be for HP but for non-compromised performance at high altitude or low-octane fuel, for example. A few of us think that 201HP is already awesome... (i used to think 145 was a lot!) but my goal now is to have that power -- whatever power is available -- under all driving conditions, not just sea level. After those maps are done, another calibration will be designed strictly for high octane fuel (91 absolute minimum, with a preference for 94/95) and racing like conditions. That's the one you might find interesting if you're occasionally willing to add octane boost.

i'll let you know. I have a completely stock 2012 SI coupe. Part of my tuning won't be for HP but for non-compromised performance at high altitude or low-octane fuel, for example. A few of us think that 201HP is already awesome... (i used to think 145 was a lot!) but my goal now is to have that power -- whatever power is available -- under all driving conditions, not just sea level. After those maps are done, another calibration will be designed strictly for high octane fuel (91 absolute minimum, with a preference for 94/95) and racing like conditions. That's the one you might find interesting if you're occasionally willing to add octane boost.

Can't wait for your results I don't have to worry about sea level on md.. But I always use 91 and above.
So looking forward to that result... Btw more power is never a bad thing

I am waiting for an updated map from Vit and am stuck with his initial map for my car. I need a basemap because I was instructed no VTEC or WOT. I have searched here and the Hondata forums. PLEASE HELP!

I am waiting for an updated map from Vit and am stuck with his initial map for my car. I need a basemap because I was instructed no VTEC or WOT. I have searched here and the Hondata forums. PLEASE HELP!
I'm In the same position as you. But have you data logged the 20 min cruise he asked for? Check to see if you have any knocks. No knock count is a thumbs up. He had Vtec set up around 6k so you won't hit it too easily. You can hook up your laptop and drive out with it out. From what I've gathered, if you don't see any knocks bd you don't go too lean, your safe. You won't be running optimally and getting the best results, but you shouldn't be hurting yourself. But don't hold me to that because I am no professional.

I did datalog the 20 min. I just looked, it was 15 min. I assume K Count is knock? If so it is 0.

Yea so is mine. You should be good till vit gets back up.

How were your results?

How were your results?

Are you keeping your own car stock?

Up to 1.3 on the calibrations. Definitely can tell a difference. Hey VitViper, what exactly do you look at between 1400 and 5500 for tuning purposes? How many calibrations do you go through on a regular tune to get it tweaked just right?

Back