Finally my first post 2015 lx

tylerstinson68

I recently purchased a 2015 civic lx 5 speed, after trading in my truck. Had some negative equity and it rolled over and ended up costing more than a si yada yada yada, I have installed hids which work fine but sometimes when I cut them on when I first crank the car and cut them on all of the lights come on in the dash like check power steering e brake light traction crontroll, literally ALL of them. Was wondering if any of you guys has had the same issue. I have deleted the resonator and installed a DC sports muffler here is my car as it sits now and also ran it in the 1/8th for fun at my local track, was also wondering what else I can add to this car to give it a little more power and don't tell me to save my money and buy a si haha uploadfromtaptalk1446818467871.jpeg
ATTACH]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446818582099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446818582099.jpg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1446818657227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446818657227.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1446818705523.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446818705523.jpg
    976.8 KB · Views: 0
Welcome!

I have a Takeda air intake and the PRL throttle body spacer which make the engine sound great and makes the car a little more peppy. If you want significant gains you would need to get the non Si FlashPro and have your car tuned by VitViper or others.

If you are looking to make your car more fun I would recommend upgrading the suspension.

Welcome!

Not sure how to help you with your HID issue as ive never installed a set, but if you want more go from the r18 you will need a tune and will probably want to look into forced induction if you want any significant gains. Also Pauly's suggestion is worth looking into. You don't need to go faster to have more fun, turning is fun in its own right.

Thanks guys, have been looking for a turbo kit or supercharger, but I guess the car is to new, I wonder if the header would be the same for the 8th gen r18 to go onto the 9th?

And also I plan on upgrading the suspension eventually but don't know what to go with I want it to be low but not so low that it takes me 5 minutes to go over a speed bump. I am new to the Honda world

I wonder if the header would be the same for the 8th gen r18 to go onto the 9th?

I believe it is. I don't know that they made any major changes to the engine between the generations, but you could always look up the part numbers in Honda's catalogue to confirm. I'm also sure there are other members here with R18's that can confirm. @Nix

Are you turning the hids on before you're cranking the car? I couldn't quite follow what is happening in your post.

Welcome! :)

And I know exactly what's going on with your hids, these new cars don't really like aftermarket lights etc.. what you need to buy is an HID error eliminator, I was having the same issue and was reading on it and bought and error eliminator for both my si and my wife's cx5 and never had a problem since... I got mine from ddm tuning pretty good quality for the money. If you have any other questions let me know.

I have HIDs on both my headlights and Fogs (installed afterwards. My LX didn't have them to begin with, the fogs that is.) I'm not quite sure what the issue is...does anything come up on the i-mid? uploadfromtaptalk1446915684676.jpg

I have HIDs on both my headlights and Fogs (installed afterwards. My LX didn't have them to begin with, the fogs that is.) I'm not quite sure what the issue is...does anything come up on the i-mid? View attachment 50142
What's your problem? It looks like they're working in the picture?

What's your problem? It looks like they're working in the picture?
That was in reference to the original post and to R18_Powers' comment. I'm still trying to understand the original issue.

@fg3_colton I'm talking about when he turns on the HIDs all these lights come on...

Ah! I didn't see that picture, I don't those issues can be caused by the HID's. I don't have any sort of decoder, just the ballast and the bulbs and have had no problems with them.

Yeah it also depends on the hid kit, some need an error eliminator some don't

Back