First e-dyno from Vit

Ill paste my other post in here as its worth repeating.

No intake is going to improve the performance of your engine over the stock air box unless you also replace the intake manifold and throttle body. And you have to tune it, the stock map won't accommodate the increase airflow. Then you will probably have to look at injectors if you now have so much air flow that you can't inject enough fuel.

Then let's not forget about the majorly restrictive downpipe and catalytic converter.

My point is a modern engine is a system. Designed by engineers trying to balance power output and gas mileage. In order to improve the power output you will have to upgrade the entire system. And then you will sacrifice some gas mileage. If all you're doing is buying a cold air intake or short ram and enjoying the sound then you are throwing away your money. Well, that's If your going for power output (not just peak power)
Wasn't arguing over that I know no intake will make any power without a tune but realistically with stock I take manifold prl is bang for your buck best buy from what I've seen no? I have flashpro so I'm not worries just want to get my moneys worth

Wasn't arguing over that I know no intake will make any power without a tune but realistically with stock I take manifold prl is bang for your buck best buy from what I've seen no? I have flashpro so I'm not worries just want to get my moneys worth

Honestly my stock intake has been more than sufficient for me thus far

With stock manifold and throttle body I dont think you would see too big of a difference even tuned. Could be wrong. I havent looked up the 3.5 inch intakes. Money's worth depends. Thats why you want to have a plan. Would it be worth it if you weren't doing any other upgrades, probably not. Now if you also plan to have a better flowing intake, throttle body, downpipe and exhaust then yes. A 3.5 inch intake would benefit you. Just make sure your fueling system can keep up. Eventually you will reach the flow limit of the head itself or even what this 2.4 is capable of.

My reasoning was I hit the 200whp mark the next logical mod would have been the RBC which I did not wanna do because of all the mixed reviews. So what option does that really leave ? they don't make cams for the car so that's out and I am not gonna drop 4 or 5k to SC or Turbo. I could have done a few more minimal things and maybe gained a few ponies it just started to make no sense dropping anymore money into the engine for minimal to no gains.
trade your car in for something faster

Back