First experience vinyl wrapping the chrome on my 2013 sedan

PMMcivicFB2

Canada B-Town
Vehicle Model
Touring
Body Style
Sedan
Well even before I bought my civic I knew the chrome had to go. I picked up my car October 22 2013 and with on two-three weeks I had a beautiful day and decided I'd run out and buy some plasti-dip and glossfire to try and have it match as close to the gloss black fog light housing. Anyway I did it and it turned out good except for it being slightly duller than the oem piece. Me being a picky person knew this wouldn't be good enough so I decided come spring/summer I'd either professionally paint it or vinyl wrap it. I went with vinyl. And had. Buddy who's used it before. It was a ***** and it's not perfect. Regardless it came out pretty good. Here's pics I took as doing it. By the time we finished it was dark. So I only have few

ene5u6e7.jpg
2amumu8u.jpg
8yma6e8a.jpg
y8a7yqaj.jpg
ygydequ7.jpg
a2e4epat.jpg
6ejemyme.jpg
uvyhe8ur.jpg
hupygyry.jpg

So today I decided I'd use the plasti dip gloss fire clear coat over the vinyl. I wanted some sort of protection for the vinyl against debris. Did some research and the glossfire works fine with vinyl. I had the plastidip and glossfire on all winter and it held up amazing. Hoping il help prolong the vinyl too.
vu2ujena.jpg
de4adase.jpg

Well even before I bought my civic I knew the chrome had to go. I picked up my car October 22 2013 and with on two-three weeks I had a beautiful day and decided I'd run out and buy some plasti-dip and glossfire to try and have it match as close to the gloss black fog light housing. Anyway I did it and it turned out good except for it being slightly duller than the oem piece. Me being a picky person knew this wouldn't be good enough so I decided come spring/summer I'd either professionally paint it or vinyl wrap it. I went with vinyl. And had. Buddy who's used it before. It was a ***** and it's not perfect. Regardless it came out pretty good. Here's pics I took as doing it. By the time we finished it was dark. So I only have few

2amumu8u.jpg
I see you had to have a Timmies to complete the job. :coffee:
Looks good! :1:

Back