First gen CRV

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
IMG_1747.jpg IMG_1755.JPG So lately Ive been looking around and trying to see exactly I want to get as my next car since I no longer have my si. Everything on the market now does not fit my criteria, I want something with a little more space and family friendly. Lately I been looking at first gen crv's that are completely restored and swapped, which im starting to like the idea. I have never done a swap before but I do know older hondas are easier to swap. My question is for those of you that have done swaps in the past @ron v what engine do you recommend swapping in the CRV? B series, k series or a j series? What parts would I exactly need to make this happen? Of course if I do a b or k swap I want to boost it.

My goal:

Last edited:
If you go first gen just do a b20vtec engine (gsr/b16 head on b20 block with rod bolts and studs) a lot of fun and can be reliable if done right otherwise id just get a second gen since it already has a k series and you can go from there.

I agree with this guy. ^^^. If u plan on making some serious power though b20 blocks haven't been known to be the strongest. B16 head port and polished with some stronger head components then u have a 2.0 liter poor mans type r. Plus s300 to tune it. I only really know 92-95 civics @r18-power sorry I can't be of more assistance. Been looking into some theads about this and it's got my attention.

The first gen cr-v is essentially just a larger 6th gen civic. Any engine that can be swapped into the civic will fit the cr-v but whatever trans you use will have to be the awd variant and I'm assuming manual.

If you go first gen just do a b20vtec engine (gsr/b16 head on b20 block with rod bolts and studs) a lot of fun and can be reliable if done right otherwise id just get a second gen since it already has a k series and you can go from there.

I appreciate the info, I have heard of a lot of owners doing b18 swaps as well, I may look into that. I would love for it to have a k series in it already but I dont like the 2nd gens, I do like the 3rd gens though but Im not sure how easy or if its even possible to a manual swap since it's probably hard to find the manual components for the gen crv.

I agree with this guy. ^^^. If u plan on making some serious power though b20 blocks haven't been known to be the strongest. B16 head port and polished with some stronger head components then u have a 2.0 liter poor mans type r. Plus s300 to tune it. I only really know 92-95 civics @r18-power sorry I can't be of more assistance. Been looking into some theads about this and it's got my attention.

I still appreciate all the info, yeah I read that the b20 doesn't hold up well with boost.

The first gen cr-v is essentially just a larger 6th gen civic. Any engine that can be swapped into the civic will fit the cr-v but whatever trans you use will have to be the awd variant and I'm assuming manual.

Yes I was actually reading that the other day, so its some good news, plus the parts are pretty cheap. Now to find a manual crv in decent condition.

No problem and I have always had great success with the lsvtec swaps mine have been put through hell and back. Of course the b18 block likes boost more but that's just because it has thicker cylinder walls. the downfall of boost with crvs are there axels and eventually the trans there was a guy local to me that boosted his and would have problems so he ripped it out and went b20v, I looked into doing the same as I have always wanted a awd beater that's a blast and somehow anytime Im not in a Honda I have car problems lol.

Back