First Mods??

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
I am wondering what my very first change to the civic should be, it is completley stock, only thing done is the painted engine cover (+100hp lol), anyways my goals are exhaust, intake, tune, lowered on springs for a conservative drop, adn then cosmetic stuff like HID's, yellow fog, window tint, and jdm visors on the wondows. I just am having a hard time figuring out where exactly to start.

Thanks

You have a '12 or '13?

If you have a '12, get a Progress 22mm rear sway bar.
If you have a '13, get a Progress 24mm rear sway bar.

Short shift adapter is a must if you do not plan on getting a whole new shifter unit.

Reactions: Nix
You have a '12 or '13?

If you have a '12, get a Progress 22mm rear sway bar.
If you have a '13, get a Progress 24mm rear sway bar.

Short shift adapter is a must if you do not plan on getting a whole new shifter unit.

I will look up the sway bar and shifter today...Thanks

I will look up the sway bar and shifter today...Thanks

No problem. These two mods with provide the most bang for their buck as well as a noticeable difference. I would also recommend upgrading your base bushings at the same time as the short shift adapter if you go that route. It will save you from tearing things apart again.

That will be my route for sure. As well as upgrading the bushings while im there. Thanks guys :dancing:

My first mod was HIDs, i see it as being the easiest mod, and i love the better visability with them. And usually i go for physical mods first then ease into the more functional mods like the sway bars, suspension, intake ect.
I purchased my 13 Si Sedan a couple weeks ago, and ive done the Hids, and oem visors on the way, i think after that i will start with suspension possibly D2 an Enkei RPF1's

That will be my route for sure. As well as upgrading the bushings while im there. Thanks guys :dancing:
Post pics on short shifter and bushings, i havnt decided on short shifter brand. A i was driving and it just hit me that i would love a short shifter

My first mod was HIDs, i see it as being the easiest mod, and i love the better visability with them. And usually i go for physical mods first then ease into the more functional mods like the sway bars, suspension, intake ect.
I purchased my 13 Si Sedan a couple weeks ago, and ive done the Hids, and oem visors on the way, i think after that i will start with suspension possibly D2 an Enkei RPF1's

Which HID kit did you go with? Only reason I havent ordered mine is the simple fact that I am unsure which kit to order for fitting purposes, and ballast wiring. But I assume the newer kits are just plug and play....and which visors did you get? I gotta get tint very soon.

Which HID kit did you go with? Only reason I havent ordered mine is the simple fact that I am unsure which kit to order for fitting purposes, and ballast wiring. But I assume the newer kits are just plug and play....and which visors did you get? I gotta get tint very soon.

I went with this eBay kit. Not bad at all for the price, i havnt had any issues yet. An they were plug an play. No cutting involved either for the fog light housing if you want HID fogs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261040530164?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The visors i bought were the OEM Genuine Honda visors. 100$ on Amazon. Best deal on the internet, everyone else is at least 15$ more expensive. Just had to make sure that was the real honda part number for my 13' SI Sedan an good to go.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FLMGZA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im still debating on the tint. Artssi's Si Sedan is the PERFECT look I'm trying to reach, in love with it. Simple and clean. The no tint and visors looks great, might be a Crystal Black Pearl thing, not sure. It all depends on the color of your car though.

Artssi's Car:
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/my-photoshoot-with-varrstoen.8857/

Last edited:
Now THAT is DIY. Thank You. I just need to find out now what shift knob, short shifter and bushings to get.

Believe it or not, that was the first DIY I ever did! You should see the Full-Race one I did recently.

Back