First time Civic owner! 2012 Si Coupe

randy delpriore

So I have a long track record of decently powered cars, from a Camaro Z28 to a 350z. I have a great distain for anything honda for the duration of my life -- until I drove my (would be) Si. Let me back track. I deceided it was time for a new car so I went to carmax and fell in love with a 6-speed VW CC. Beautiful car. It had 60k on it and I paid too much for it. Idiot me didn't bother to purchase a warranty with it. So two days later this happened

xIHjcdx.jpg

Turbo was having problems and clutch was stuck. Fortunately for me, CarMax has a 5 day money back guarantee. They are seriously awesome. So I began my search for a new car that night. Found my civic with only 17k miles. I had arranged a test drive and fell in love the moment I pulled out of the lot. Just enough power, and decent gas mileage. First thing i did was "install" my ipad onto my dash using two magnet mounts.

LS9htRe.jpg

Shortly after that I was able to find some Eibach Sportlines for 130 so i threw them on.
Before:
nj5d4pF.jpg

After:
H6yyuIF.jpg

A buddy of mine was selling some gold XXR's for 400 with tires so I had to grab them. I was so stoked when I realised that my Honda center caps would fit. I picked up some silver spline drive lugs and I was set. Unfortunately the tire size on the wheels had a lower profile than what I had on before. Now I am a bit lower, but with more wheel gap.

6rjbLBM.jpg

GEMrUKn.jpg

mneaVcv.jpg

I have had the car for a little over a month and have already put 8k miles on it. I drive a lot for work and I love every moment of it now. Anyway, Hi I'm Randy and I love my civic.

Welcome Randy! I really like the color combo! What size are the wheels? Offset also?

I saw the CC getting on the flatbed and I was like :rotfl:. Former VW owner here. Welcome top the club OP.

nice looking ride & welcome to the forum. What's the info on the ipad on the dash? Streaming audio to your car or? Mounted with magnets how?

nice looking ride & welcome to the forum. What's the info on the ipad on the dash? Streaming audio to your car or? Mounted with magnets how?
Thanks webby. I used two schosche magnet mounts that I bought at Walmart. They are in the auto section. (http://www.compbargains.com/_e/Moun...GPS_iPod_iPad_iPhone_Smartphone_Tablet_PC.htm) you can find them cheaper here. And yes, I use the bluetooth streaming from there. My iPad is data enabled as well so I use it for navigation/spotify etc... I love the magnets because they are super sturdy. Pretty much the mount is a magnet then you are given a metal plate that used 3m adhesive tape to put onto your device. It works well with phones too. It's awesome because I can just pull the iPad off and throw it in my bag and not worry about anyone seeing it and wanting to break in.

Welcome. The wheels look great, especially with the silver OEM Honda center caps!

Lol Yep. I still have a 2010 jetta that I let my girlfriend drive. Still love VW, not a good vehicle to purchase used though.

What engine does she have in that Jetta? At that time they had 2.0T 2.0TDI and 2.5 5cyl. The 2.5 is the most reliable engine VW has ever made IMO.

Back