Fixing the 2012 Coupe

Trevor_S

Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe
Hello all,
I purchased a 2012 civic EX for long-distance driving and commuting. I bought it before the 2013 came out and now I am dreaming of better suspension and handling.
I am not looking to build a rock-solid racer (I've driven those before, and after 6 hours on bumpy highway, it's a bit old) but I am looking to build a good street vehicle. Slightly lowered if need be, but I want to keep the nose high enough to deal with crummy back roads.
There's not a ton of money available for this build, so I was considering buying some lightly-used stock Si suspension. Honda techs are useless in telling me if the Si suspension is bolt-on for the EX coupe or requires modification. I also want to get rid of the stock wheels and tires.

Any advice on parts would be appreciated! Also, a clear answer as to which Si parts are bolt-on for a 2012 Civic EX would be great. I would like to do the work myself and I while I am pretty good mechanically, I don't have the tools, resources, or time to do serious modding work on parts or vehicle to make components fit.

Thanks!

I'd suggest the HFP suspension. The Si suspension won't drop your car by a noticeable amount. Also, a 22mm Progress rear sway bar will make your car feel very zippy on turns. I believe the stock rsb for the R18s are 14mm.

Reactions: Nix
Is the HFP kit bolt-on with a EX coupe? Or do the mounting points differ on the Si vs the EX?

WP_000531.jpg

as @Dar-Dar said the stock rear sway is tiny compaired against a replacement such as the progress 22mm. im one of the biggest advocate for an upgraded rsb because its an easy to do mod and its instant improvement over stock especially in our non si's. and im also with dar on the hfp drop over the si stuff

I can't recall who did it, but someone tried the si suspension on their r18. It actually raised the car slightly due to the spring rates being different/stiffer. Go with something besides the oem si springs. Some links for suspension under my post.

wow lol thats funny. i down the road wanna go the koni yellow route or megan ez street havent decided yet. (leaning tord koni)

HFP suspension, rear solid sway bar, upgrade to 17 inch wheels, good tires... Comfy DD but when you wanna have fun it lets you... This my setup and I have done 10+ hours of non-stop driving and have driven some nasty roads and always been comfy...

Reactions: Nix
The larger rear sway is the cheapest and most easily felt improvement you can do. Progress 22mm is great and bolts right up. Available through various vendors for under $200.

If the HFP suspension is available it is a great compromise of handling and comfort. It does not lower the car very much, around 1", but the ride is improved significantly.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08W60-TS9-100.html

Call the guys at CHH and they will be able to tell you if it fits. Brand new $770. Awesome setup.

Back