FlashPro Dyno results

20121218_191437.jpg

Also props for not getting cheap *** tires on 2000 dollar wheels. lol. i cant stand that! someone buys like BBS or Volk wheels, and they throw Wanli, or Nankang tires on them. lol.

Hi Sleepingpanda, here is my engine modification list:

Ultimate Racing - 3” Catback Exhaust
Ultimate Racing - 3” Header Downpipe
HONDATA - FlashPro
Injen Air Intake

Based on what others have done, adding the RBC manifold should get you 215-220hp with those mods you already have.

whoa!!! where is this link for the RBC manifold that others have been putting.

Also, cheap tires also include achilies :)

I had mine tuned at Inline4 in so cal on a Dyna Pak. They warned me their dyno was a "heartbreaker" but their tuner "Bubba" used to run Do It Dyno and has over 20 yrs of tuning experience. My mods are an RV6 2.5" catless dp, Greddy Evo 3 70mm exhaust and Injen CAI. I couldn't believe the baseline run #'s of only 158hp and 138tq. Well anyway after lots of playing around with it trying to squeeze as much power out of it as he could he actually ended up slightly retarding the vtec cam gear and running very conservative timing. Final gains were 22hp and 26tq......180whp and 164wtq which made a night and difference day. Rev limiter was bumped to 7700 rpm and vtec engagement was unchanged. I would like to have a baseline run done on a different dyno or see what another Si does on their dyno at Inline4. Inline4 has told me that they have seen 30hp differences between their dyno and Church's dyno. Either way there is no way that my car is 30hp off compared to other Si's out there. I raced a modified 2012 Scion tC yesterday in a 4th gear pull on the freeway and beat it by a good 5 cars lengths to the top of 4th gear before having to slow down. I was a bit worried by the low #'s but the tuning gains of 22hp and 26tq are pretty impressive......Flashpro was worth it in every way!!! Yes I have heard from others that Inline4's dyno reads low.....but I didn't think it would be that low!!! Anyway next mod is an RBC manifold (or possibly Skunk2 if they come out with it soon).

FXRob is this a 2012 si your talking about. Those numbers seem really low even for a stock si. I think stock our cars are supposed to be about 170s or low 180s to the wheels :confused:

Hi Sleepingpanda, here is my engine modification list:

Ultimate Racing - 3” Catback Exhaust
Ultimate Racing - 3” Header Downpipe
HONDATA - FlashPro
Injen Air Intake

+1 for RBC swap and dump the Injen. 3.5 custom CAI or wait for one to hit the market. 220+whp is easily attainable with that plus your current setup. You can used your stock airbox with the RBC until a GOOD intake is available. Your car is suffocating for air at the top end. Look how flat it goes near peak. Man, Injen screwed up with this intake...

+1 for RBC swap and dump the Injen. 3.5 custom CAI or wait for one to hit the market. 220+whp is easily attainable with that plus your current setup. You can used your stock airbox with the RBC until a GOOD intake is available. Your car is suffocating for air at the top end. Look how flat it goes near peak. Man, Injen screwed up with this intake...

I said that when the intake first came out. i installed it, and lost 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. they blamed me and tore me apart on facebook. lol. Whatever, that intake has been in my trunk since. biggest waste of $350 EVER

I said that when the intake first came out. i installed it, and lost 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. they blamed me and tore me apart on facebook. lol. Whatever, that intake has been in my trunk since. biggest waste of $350 EVER

We also checked if the Injen intake was choking any hp by swapping in another AEM CAI not designed for the Si obviously (not sure what car it was meant for) but it did not have any of the sharp bends in it like the Injen and we immediately picked up 5hp on the top end. My Injen will be up for sale soon, but don't tell anyone they suck yet until after I sell mine! lol Fortunately I didn't pay anywhere near retail for it.

Back