Flashpro noob and a 2012 EX FB2(sedan w/5spd manual)

Ron Flood

Haida Gwaii
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
I have recently gotten a Flashpro for my 2012 EX. I have swapped out chips in the past, but never ever actually re-flashed anything. If wondering about if to buy a Flashpro, I would highly recommend installing Flashpro manager and reading the Flashpro Help, it will give you detailed instructions of what to do. Online registering your Flashpro before you can even use it, then locking your Flashpro to your vehicle through your OBD2 port(right next to your fuse box, you can't miss it). Also unregistering your Flashpro in the case of selling your Flashpro or car. Or in the small chance you brick your ECU or Flashpro, you'll need to send them both to Hondata and they'll fix it. The software package has a list of cars/years and engines, a FB2 1.8L isn't even listed, I'm assuming a 8th gen FB1 is the same since I was able to make a custom profile and flash my ECU. Actually, making a profile is pretty easy, engine parts are pull down menu system, give you a list of intakes, exhausts, turbo/supercharger/NA... There is no catless exhaust option, only stock cat, so I'm assuming you'll need a tuner such as Vit to fix that one. After a couple uploads from your PC to your Flashpro then downloads to you ECU, it'll get easy and not so mind numbing... Because at first its quite stressful... I swear I got a few new grey hairs in the first couple hours of figuring everything out... As far as I know US and Canada have the same domestic Civics, only way for sure to know is your ECU number, Hondata won't even sell/ship to Canada for that reason alone I suspect. I bought mine from Vittuned and got a custom tune for $105 after discounts, which is very reasonable if you ask me. Waiting on a catless downpipe then will get my custom tune. Even tho I did a rough tune by the pull down menu system, none of my parts were even in the list, so just picked the closest thing to it. I did notice I have a little more throttle response, needs a little less gas(but its a drive by wire system, so its probably still opening up more). It also fixed the "putt putt putt" sound due to freer flowing intake and exhaust, just has a tighter exhaust note now. After the reflash it adjusts accordingly after a bit of driving. This is my experience anyways, if anyone has anything to add, please feel free.

Screenshot (164).jpg

Back