Flashpro / PRL CAI Questions

DSpizzle

Oviedo, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
This may be answered somewhere but I can't find it...
Im new to flash pro and don't really understand it.
Im planning on getting PRL CAI which i understand needs flash pro to run properly.
Also planning on getting Full Race full exhaust in the future.
I would like to get the flash pro + tune deal from Vit.
Is there a preset map for the PRL CAI that can hold me over until I get DP and then catback?
I would like to save the tune until I have all 3.
Thank you for the help.

You can run stock calibration in the meantime.

not unless someone has the same set up as you and they give you theirs

Im ordering Flashpro with it. My question is... do i need to tune right away? or is there a bas map built in that i can use until i add more bolt ons.

Im ordering Flashpro with it. My question is... do i need to tune right away? or is there a bas map built in that i can use until i add more bolt ons.
You may be able to use the reflash map provided, but there are very few maps/default options that come with FlashPro.

As far as I know the sensor starts throwing a code with 3.5" intakes.
That's with a stock ECU. I didn't think it does that with a Stock tune via flashpro.

Have you tried asking @VitViper ? I also have question I got FP+ ultimate tune with him. I'm just waiting for the DP to arrive on Friday (Thanks a lot John Guerra from Full Race) for not sending everything at the same time :pat: but as soon as I get my parts I'll be contacting Vit

I did not reflash my ECU for more than a week after I installed the PRL intake and didn't get any codes...

EDIT: Also, I should mention that with both the PRL intake and a cat-back FR 3" exhaust (installed after the PRL intake) that I had fairly significant hesitation before reflashing a base map from @VitViper. Still no codes though. The hesitation may have been there with just the PRL, I honestly don't recall when it started... I guess the point really is that codes or not, I would actually expect a loss in performance without tuning. Certainly a loss in drivability...

Last edited:
I did not reflash my ECU for more than a week after I installed the PRL intake and didn't get any codes...

EDIT: Also, I should mention that with both the PRL intake and a cat-back FR 3" exhaust (installed after the PRL intake) that I had fairly significant hesitation before reflashing a base map from @VitViper. Still no codes though. The hesitation may have been there with just the PRL, I honestly don't recall when it started... I guess the point really is that codes or not, I would actually expect a loss in performance without tuning. Certainly a loss in drivability...
Did you get your Full-race DP to not hit the cross bar?

Last edited:
Did you get your Full-race DP to not hit the cross member?

I have only installed the cat-back part, the downpipe was on backorder. I've got that now and started on it last night, but my o2 sensor socket was too beefy to fit. Got a new one that hopefully will fit, but won't be able to look at it again until tomorrow... I'll report back after I either finish the install or have problems.

I have only installed the cat-back part, the downpipe was on backorder. I've got that now and started on it last night, but my o2 sensor socket was too beefy to fit. Got a new one that hopefully will fit, but won't be able to look at it again until tomorrow... I'll report back after I either finish the install or have problems.
rent one from AutoZone $25 plus tax they give you the money back when you return it-you can keep it up to 90 days :)

rent one from AutoZone $25 plus tax they give you the money back when you return it-you can keep it up to 90 days :)

I purchased one from AutoZone last night for $10.99... They told me to bring it back if it doesn't fit (I took my other larger one with me so I'd be sure that whatever I got was indeed thinner-walled)... I figure if it doesn't fit I'll take a file to it until it does! I prefer to just have the thing around for next time you know? Unfortunately though I have something else going on this evening, so tomorrow evening is my next chance to look at this...

Yeah, I just rented mine. I don't think I'm going to be my DP on and off at least I hope I don't have to. One thing I found out is that when taking the OEM DP off the first piece the one closes to the cat-back comes off the rear part of the cross bar and the one closest to the head drops down in front of the cross bar. I didnt know this and was struggling to take it off.

Did you get your Full-race DP to not hit the cross bar?

Finished up the install of my FR downpipe last night. The downpipe doesn't touch anything at all, fit beautifully. I did have to adjust my cat-back section some again after the install as the FR downpipe pushed everything back farther and I ended up with a terrible rattle between the muffler and muffler hanger all the way at the back because I didn't have the pipes pushed quite all the way together at the slip fitting. Also, the flat metal bar that bolts under the exhaust in the tunnel doesn't fit now. The exhaust hangs too low, so I just left it off...

I will now also highly recommend wearing safety glasses. I dropped the downpipe on my face while under the car and was *very* lucky that the hanger bracket *just* missed my eye and hit the bone above. So I look *really* pretty right now! ;-)

I feel my car kind of sluggish, I'm in the middle of a VitVitper tune and cant wait to see the end results

Back