Fog light install, 2012 M5 EX sedan, need help passing through firewall

chucksomerock

Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
sedan
Hi everybody, first post here!

Got my civic in august and always wanted to install fog lights. In Quebec, they become handy in winter during snowfall.
So I bought "Honda Civic 2012 4DR OEM Fog Lights W/Switch" from amazon two weeks ago (Spyder brand).
Very neat pair of foglight but complete lack of instructions...

Firs up was the fog light installation. No problems there:
2015-09-27%2016.02.47.jpg

2015-09-27%2016.19.59.jpg

2015-09-27%2016.33.49.jpg

2015-09-27%2016.41.53.jpg

2015-09-27%2016.55.46.jpg

2015-09-27%2016.55.50.jpg

2015-09-27%2017.19.05.jpg

Next up is the wiring, which causes me trouble.

I have a Civic 2012 EX sedan manual. It seems that the boot which everyone uses to pass accessories wire through is used by my clutch.
Now it seems my only solution is to remove the plastic molding in my fender, and pass the wiring through the hood latch boot and zip tie to it.

Is it the only solution? Did someone run into the same problem as I did?

Thanks

Welcome! I'm also in Quebec (Quebec City). Have you seen my DIY on installing fog lights ?

I ran the wire through the firewall on the left hand side behind the Fusebox. There is a small rubber cap that you need to remove. I attached the wire to a coat hanger and managed to push it through to the left side of the engine bay. Wasn't too bad at all. Just need a little patience for the trial and error approach until you have your coat hanger angle right and get it through. This will be easier to do with a friend to look in the engine bay and let you know when they can see it come through.

If you want, you can easily remove the black triangular piece located beside the side view mirror. This piece is held on by clips and easily pops off and easily pops back on. I have a small thin plastic tool that I used to pry off this piece without scratching it. When you get it off you can see down to where the hole in the firewall is located so it will be easier to see the coat hanger going through to the engine bay.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
I already had seen the diy.

It really seems that my specific model don't have that rubber boot... I'll take a look later today but the only one I have is the hood latch cable...
Pauly, I took apart that plastic trim yesterday but it didn't helped me that much...

Did you have to cut off some of the linen to see the plug? I don't see it...

All right got it!
Passed both wires.
I'll post the final result tomorrow.

Thanks a lot guys!

Back