Fog light wiring

billlaux

California
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
I have a California 2012 EX coupe. Had the fog lights installed by Honda. I can only use the fog lights with low beams. If I click on high beams the fogs go out. I am not sure if this is just California or all Honda are wired like this. I checked with the CHP an they say it is illegal to have high beams and fogs on at the same time. I drive in the mountains and back roads of the Sierra quite frequently and would like to be able to have both the high beams and fogs on at the same time when I need them. A couple of years ago I hit a deer with my 2010 Civic. Fortunately no damage to the car. I believe that I would have seen him sooner with all the lights on.

Has anyone rigged their fog lights to enabke them to be on with the high beams? If so, how did you do it?

Well, unfortunately he was telling you the truth. You can't have high beams and fogs on together. It is illegal...not just a California thing.

Do we have anyone here that would be able to tell us if everything is controlled in the light switch stalk or in the Ecu? Could we wire it up to have all the lights on at the same time?

Back