Fog lights

connorsaj

Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
4 Door Si
Unfortunately this week I hit a deer with my 9th gen Si. Just got a quote on the damage today and it is over $3,400 dollars in damage. Considering the whole front bumper, passenger side fender, hood, passenger side headlight and radiator will need replaced im going to have them put some yellow fog light bulbs in while they have it all torn apart. Looking for some advice on some good yellow fog bulbs and where I can order then from. Thanks in advance everyone

First I would like to say thanks for all the help regarding the fog lights. Fortunately no one was injured aside from the deer. However less than 48 hours later I was rear-ended at an intersection on a busy highway near my house. 1 day after getting a quote for the deer damage I am praying the kid who hit me because he was not paying attention did not bend the frame of my 4 month old car. Everyone in his vehicle is okay and I'm alright other than having a sore neck and back. In 8 years of driving I have been accident free in the 4 vehicles I owned and now I had two accidents(neither considered my fault) in 48 hours!

Oh my gosh that sucks...two in 48hrs. I'm guessing the car is no longer driveable?

Believe it or not I'm still driving it. Everything is still functional on the vehicle it's just really banged up. Waiting to hear back from his insurance company so I can take it and get a quote on the rear-end damage and check and make sure there is not even more damage below everything else

so I take it your airbags didn't deploy on the deer hit, or the rear end hit?

it's much easier to fix the car then the person ... so I am glad to hear everyone is ok!!!

Let's hope you met your accident quota for at least another 4 years :)

Sorry to hear about your car, that really sucks, luckily you're ok.

I would recommend sticking to the normal fog lamps and getting the yellow overlay, I think it looks way better on the vehicle.

You can see our build thread for the pictures of what it looks like. With a yellow bulb, your fog covers are still clear so unless the lights are on, it looks the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help and the concern. Webby the air bags never deployed which shocks me a bit and I am actually going to bring that up when I take the car in to hopefully get fixed. Wednesday is the scheduled date to have the deer damage fixed. Hoping to hear back Monday from the other parties insurance company in the rear end accident to hopefully have that damage fixed at the same time. Just hoping there in no unseen damage that can't be fixed.

Sorry for the bad cell phone pictures, not that a quality camera would make them look any better :-/

I have a friend who owns an aftermarket shop (tinting, stereos, mods, etc) and he told me instead of getting fog lights for the civic it's easier and less expensive to put in a set of HID's. Has anyone had any experience with HID's on the '12 civic?

I have a friend who owns an aftermarket shop (tinting, stereos, mods, etc) and he told me instead of getting fog lights for the civic it's easier and less expensive to put in a set of HID's. Has anyone had any experience with HID's on the '12 civic?
yes, but I don't know that he's done any 9th fog light hid retrofits. He's done them on the 8th, and they're basically identical.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/retrofit-headlight-installation.2530/
other threads in the lighting area as well.

connorsaj - while it doesn't look pretty, I believe the sensors are behind the headlight area. If the impact isn't enough, it won't make them deploy.

That's very unfortunate, but it's good you're okay. You can probably put HIDs instead of halogen bulbs for the fog lights. Try ddmtuning.com for the HIDs.

Back