FooBird's NOT Civic Build -- 2014 Tacoma

Diamondback cover for the bed is coming mid-October.

Seems like I haven't done anything on this thing in forever...because I haven't. But I'm tired of not being able to carry things in the back comfortably when it's raining outside. So, here we go again with some mods.

The front suspension is riding low still, so that's gonna get addressed sometime soon. Damn house has been taking all the dinero lately.

Oh yeah!! I forgot you had a Taco too. I am looking for a bed cover as well for mine. Can't wait to see how yours turns out :woot:.

Bad news. I’ve been patiently waiting for my DiamondBack cover for 6 weeks. I got an email today that it might ship next week (was supposed to ship today).

Meanwhile, the 5 year old KO2 tires are sketchy as heck in the rain with a couple of scary moments that shouldn’t have been. Those might need to go too.

I thought when you said Diamondback I was thinking of a bike. :giggle:

This truck has the WORST belt replacement setup that I’ve dealt with. It doesn’t look too bad until you try to get in there with some of the routing. The agony is doubled with the supercharge belt.

You have to take the SC belt off with the tensioner loosened. Then remove the tensioner assembly. Then you pull two of the pulleys off so you can start working on the main belt.

Once at the main belt, the tensioner is in a really funky location so it’s hard to get to. Can’t have too long of a lever because it crashes into the frame, but you need something longer because the spring is tight. Routing wise, loop the crank shaft and water pump first, then over the tensioner. Then over the alternator and power steering pump. Then, while cranking on the tensioner, start to get the belt onto the AC compressor, back off and adjust your wrench for a second go at the tensioner to slip the belt on the rest of the way over the compressor.

Was quoted $600 to have somebody do the belts. It took me 3 hours to figure it out plus $80 for the belts. That would quickly add up at the mechanic. I see it now.

IMG_0771.jpegIMG_0766.jpeg

looking at the space between the belts and radiator, it does not look like a fun job

I didn’t do spark plugs when I did all the other work recently just because the three cylinders on the drivers side are next to impossible to replace without supercharger deconstruction or multiple swivels that I don’t have nor am inclined to buy.

Well, sparks are shot so it’s started misfiring. Bummer. I mean, that spark plug looks brand new….
IMG_1004.jpeg

Back