FooBird's NOT Civic Build -- 2014 Tacoma

Do what you want, but I honestly think that looks good like that. If you end up doing them black, I think it's all going to just be lost to the front bumper. You'll see the line going from the winch over to a black hole if those end up being painted black too (at least how I imagine it in my head).

Do what you want, but I honestly think that looks good like that. If you end up doing them black, I think it's all going to just be lost to the front bumper. You'll see the line going from the winch over to a black hole if those end up being painted black too (at least how I imagine it in my head).

I think for the most part, I'm going to leave the shackles off and run the winch line to a mount on the inside of the bumper. I agree though - the black shackles would probably be too much. The black fairlead though really does the trick on keeping the setup low profile.

I like the silver shackles....ties nicely with the fogs and headlamps. I would leave them on there....brings a little attention to that area. It you leave them off or paint them black, it kinda looks a bit bland. IMO

Last edited:
Bland is good! Hahahaha

I do have a big silver shackle for the winch too, with a bright red strap for it.

I'd leave them on the truck all the time. I think they look good, but that's me.

The license plate it's cramping the fairlead style.

Ditching the license plate. Anybody wanna take bets how long before I get pulled over for lack of front plate? Honda lack of front plate was 26 miles.

Added power to the winch. Monday...hopefully we string this line.

View: https://youtu.be/lnlSj2nhvtg

I'd say 75 miles.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

13920946_568164440038489_6111073979831284431_n.jpg

Gonna have to anodize that fairlead or live with the aluminum color. The black paint got torn straight up when running the rope today. Now the truck is living in the confines of the dealer down the street getting new sensors. It's pretty bad when the service manager says he saw me going to work this morning and said to himself, "That looks familiar. Yep. That's my Tacoma right there." Uh no. It's MINE!

Back