Ford Focus ST?

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
so I went and test drove an ST just to see how it felt and I actually liked it. My question is does anyone know how reliable they are? Should I even look into it? I'm just trying to keep an open mind and make sure I have more than one thing to choose from.

They're nice, but I've always been more drawn to the FiST.
bbfd930e9dbf40ea919c800c09636c48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
The FiST is changing a bunch very soon. They are going to a 1.5L 3 cylinder instead of the 1.6L 4 cylinder. Interesting change since they don't lose much displacement but are down a whole piston. Might be a bit unbalanced at higher RPM. I could be dead wrong on that though.

@nat3d seems to like his ST very well.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-ford-fiesta-st-is-your-new-three-cylinder-turb-1792711087

EDIT: I know you just got rid of the Si, so why look at something so similar?

Thanks for the reply guys, @stilletto I do like the way it looks but Im not a fan of the 1.5 lol plus I could use the little extra room from the focus. @Nix I still have the Si I am just looking for something to trade it in for. Yeah like I said I am not a fan of the Fiesta ST I think the focus ST would be a little better, I am still deciding between the focus ST and VW GTI.

I love my foST. I haven't seen too many issues with our cars either. (No more than any other car honestly) they are well put together and unless you go big turbo with a super aggressive tune you should be fine. Please feel free to ask me any specific questions you have.

As nix said the fiST is getting all switched up soon and the foST is in line for some changes too.

Sorry if post is kinda hard to read I just woke up and haven't had any coffee yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@nat3d I appreciate the info, lol don't worry about it. I pm'd you a couple of questions.

What about the RS? I've seen a handful of those around. The styling on those is even better.

Yeah I really like them but dealers in my area are selling then for 42-43k thats too much for a ford honestly.

What are you looking to get out of a new car? Might help with suggestions if there is something in particular you think the Si is lacking. The ST and the GTI are pretty close competitors. I know both are faster and more than a few Si owners have moved on to GTI's and been very happy with them.

Also, budget? New/Used/Lease turn in ok?

"drift mode"? Like that YouTube video?

Fords cashing into things - not limited to the Mustang anymore.

I'm biased to the rs and I would still buy an sti any day of the week. More bang for the buck. Just too damn expensive.

Reactions: Nix
If you're looking for something larger and more comfortable you could look at a Cadillac ATS sedan. They start at $35k but I'm sure lightly used ones are in the mid 20's.

If you're looking for something larger and more comfortable you could look at a Cadillac ATS sedan. They start at $35k but I'm sure lightly used ones are in the mid 20's.

Too refined for my taste lol. I love the savagery of my focus, it's like your idiot kid brother that is always itching for a fight. You put your foot into it, fight the toque steer, and pray for traction.

According to the build and price, the STi and the RS are comparable. Assuming you don't account for too many dealer markups.

I appreciate all the info you all gave me. @Nix Im approved for 35k and I dont want to go above that. I honestly don't see myself in a cadillac lol Im 24 and I don't feel comfortable in such a car lol. I think other than that my options are limited since I want a hatch, I wish they still made the mazdaspeed3 :/

Reactions: Nix
Back