Foreign object in fuel tank

PatchyK

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm feeling bad for being an idiot right now. I just poured a bottle of Techron without completely taking off the sealed foil on top. A little piece of it fell in the tank. Should I be worry or am I just feeling guilty for being an idiot to my poor Si?

I'm guessing that the foil will stay intact, and will probably stay in your tank because the filter screen will block it. It probably won't cause any issues.

As KennyGS said no worries, but if at some point you find something being effected by it, I'm pretty sure there is an excess hole in the tank for replacing fuel float, etc., if necessary.

Also, when I got my EX I've been reading the manual, and it mentioned not to put additives in these Honda engines(where I've always use to do in my other cars and MC's). But since they went to the trouble to write it into the manual, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
This was the first time putting in any additives. I had to use Walmart gas at the time so I thought putting in a bottle just in case. I normally use Chevron /w Techron or V-Power.

Thank you all for the advice. Hopefully that piece of foil will never cause any issue.

Back