Formula One Is Coming to New Jersey in 2013

Maybe Humpy will put his Nascar magic on this F1 event and make it good...

Austin has some pretty staunch environmentalists which has slowed down development of the track here. Last I heard the city had pulled some of the incentives, essentially playing chicken with the private firm doing the negotiating. Furthermore, work supposedly stopped at the build site for awhile. Rumors were that things had halted due to legal concerns, but according to spokesmen from the project they were just "running ahead of schedule" and so work had "temporarily stopped until the next pay cycle"

Who knows though, I'm always skeptical of these huge projects until they are literally open for business. The red tape with building a track so close to NYC make me wonder, but who knows? 2 F1 tracks in the states could be pretty awesome!

Construction has begun

Image capturing the start of construction for the New Jersey Grand Prix. It might just be the paddock/parking garage, located in exceedingly glamorous Weehawken, but it's a start.

080dc13893a7585d6023612f69751028.jpg

F1 Could Be Postponed In NJ

After years of doing without a grand prix in the United States altogether, Formula One is gearing up to return to these shores in a big way. The United States Grand Prix is set to take place later this year at the newly constructed Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. And next year, the Grand Prix of America is scheduled to join the calendar in New Jersey, just across the river from Manhattan. But will the Jersey race be ready in time?

According to the latest reports, that second grand prix in the U.S. could be pushed off until 2014. This according to a quote attributed to Bernie Ecclestone, the man who orchestrates the commercial aspects of the sport – including where the races are held.

Back