FREE, Sales and Rebates thread

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by MrsJrotax101, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

MrsJrotax101 Administrator

Dar-Dar and Flippercon like this.
  2. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

3. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

4. Nomar06
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

Nomar06 Super Moderator

Vehicle Model:
    Fiesta ST (FiST)
    Body Style:
    hatch
    Any sales on comuputers/laptops? Might need to make a purchase really soon..... :(

5. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

When things pop up in things that I follow I try and post them up. I haven't really gone looking for anything.

Nomar06 likes this.
  6. 323

323 Modifier

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    Check out woot.com
    They have a few different websites that all feature one item per day at a very good price, and often they have laptops/desktops

Nomar06 likes this.
  7. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

Nomar06 likes this.
  8. Nomar06
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

Nomar06 Super Moderator

Vehicle Model:
    Fiesta ST (FiST)
    Body Style:
    hatch
    Gotcha...

I will check it out....kinda have my eyeball on a Levono Y500 laptop, but we shall see.

Damn desktop desktop shutdown on me randomly and then doesn't want to boot up. The cell phone is also acting up too!

9. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

without looking at it, I would put my first guess on a bad power supply. Unplug the power cable from the back of the computer tower. Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the power cable. When you do insert it, look at the back of the power supply. Most look like this -

[​IMG]

There is a fan on the left hand side on the example above. Your fan coule look slightly different, but they're usually very similar. Look into the cutout of the metal to see if the fan moves at all when you put the power cable in. Some power supplies won't, but I've seen a number that will when you initially push the power cable into the tower. On every dead power supply I've dealt with, the fan won't budge at all when you insert the cable. You can find replacements relatively cheap & be back in business.

10. Nomar06
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

Nomar06 Super Moderator

Vehicle Model:
    Fiesta ST (FiST)
    Body Style:
    hatch
    I will check it out but the power supply was upgraded to a Corsair 4-500W? when I upgraded the GPU about 2-3 years ago. When it freezes the comp with still be powered but the image and the "processing" just all stops. Have to manually shut it down. When I go to boot it up it will fully boot up then freeze, try it again and it doesn't even get to the windows logo on boot up. Try it for a third time and it will work fine.

Last night it it wouldn't pull up anything on the screen. It sounded like something was trying to start/spin up but it would make a click noise then try to spin up again, click, then spin again.....over and over.

I don't really want to buy something new but I think it is time.....the tower prob it a good 5-6 years old. Trying to decided on buying a laptop(Levono Ideapad Y500) or build a tower.

11. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

ah, I thought you meant it just wouldn't power up at all. That's not a power supply issue you're describing. "Click" noises usually means the hard drive is on it's last leg. If you have anything you need to save ...get it off the computer to a cd/usb drive...whatever. If you have a lot of important stuff, you can potentially pull that drive and install it into a different computer. They may be able to access that drive as a slave drive, and copy content over. If you buy a new computer, you could even do that yourself. It's just a matter of 4 screws and a plug. (pm me if you want help when you get to that stage. I can walk you though the process)

12. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

http://hip2save.com/2013/05/20/amaz...ng-mixes-as-low-as-only-2-70-per-box-shipped/

Great for anyone who is gluten free. I am gluten & dairy free and absolutely love the cookies. Close enough to pillsbury to me, hubby likes them also. Betty Crocker had a page up at one point to make it butter free by replacing the butter with vegetable oil. I believe I pay $4.59 for a box at our grocery store...makes roughly 24 cookies

Last edited: May 22, 2013
    jtittle7317 likes this.
  13. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

14. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

FREE: 7-11 Slurpee

[​IMG]

Be sure to SIGN-UP FOR 7-11 TEXT ALERTS to get a 7-11 FREE Slurpee! This would make a fun treat if you are traveling.

The coupon expires 15 minutes after you activate it, so be sure you are ready to check-out WHEN YOU ACTIVATE IT.

The fun will continue all summer with a different free product or exclusive offer each week.

After you get the coupon, you can text back STOP to PREVENT ADDITIONAL TEXTS.

From: http://www.southernsavers.com/2013/06/7-11-free-slurpee-when-you-sign-up-for-text-alerts/

15. 9000 RPM

9000 RPM Well-Known Member

16. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

HURRY! Chick-Fil-A is giving away FREE Breakfast Entrees right now. You’ll be able reserve a FREE Breakfast Entree (dates September 9-14) here.

17. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

Redbox Code | Free 1-Day DVD Rental

Make tonight a movie night! Text LOVE to 727272 for a FREE 1 day DVD rental from Redbox!

18. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

a09c9c74e7c744e6825be8fa887a5572.jpg

Come Together
    Our customers do amazing things everyday. A customer buys the next person in line their favorite beverage—not as an act of charity or thanks—but an acknowledgement of commonality and humanity. The gesture is small, but the act is endlessly inspiring.

In times like these, small acts of civility like these make a big difference. With that, we are extending a gesture. If you come into Starbucks and buy someone else their favorite beverage, we’ll give you a free tall brewed coffee.

We’re hoping this small motivation will encourage you to be the spark of connection that helps bring us all a little closer at a time when showing our unity is so important.

#payitforward—and lets see what can happen.

Offer good October 9–11, 2013 at participating stores.

19. MrsJrotax101
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

Dar-Dar likes this.
  20. Dar-Dar

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011