From Subi to Civic

schnacko521

So, just purchased a nice clean 2013 Dyno Blue Pearl 4 dr SI. New to Honda in general. Had a 2010 Subaru Legacy GT before this and am definitely missing the extra power so far.. Had to step down on the payments. And miles (car had roughly 85K on it and 5 years of Salt Belt rust on her)

On the upside, the civic is about 4-500 pounds lighter and it shows in it's driving habits. No huge plans for the new car, just needs a little more exhaust note and some personalization. Here are some pics of old and new.

Already completed the first mod of fabricating some aluminum brackets and hanging the Hella horns from my legacy. That stock horn sucked!

Oh, located in the Greenville/Spartanburg area of SC. Saw some stuff on here about tail of the dragon meets and decided to join this one as well as 9thgencivic.

Anyone know which one tends to be more active?

Attachments

• IMAG0240[1].jpg
    IMAG0240[1].jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0249[1].jpg
    IMAG0249[1].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0075[1].jpg
    IMAG0075[1].jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0250_1450494951008.jpg
    IMAG0250_1450494951008.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0248[1].jpg
    IMAG0248[1].jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to the forum. I like that snow picture:)

For exhaust I recommend Invidia Q300 it's slightly louder than stock, but not too loud or droney like most aftermarket exhausts are.

Welcome to the site. Some users are talking about doing a small spring meet at the tail of the dragon. The main annual meet actually takes place in September.

Welcome to the forum. I like that snow picture:)

For exhaust I recommend Invidia Q300 it's slightly louder than stock, but not too loud or droney like most aftermarket exhausts are.

Thanks, yeah the Subi was a champ in the snow. Luckily we moved away from snow now and like in South Carolina.

I was thinking of the Q300 for exhaust. I have read that even some of the axle backs for the Si are droney? Crazy to me. Guess I will be saving up for a little longer then.

Welcome @schnacko521 :wavey:

A: Hella Horns FTW :excited: (I have them on my Subie and had them on my previous Subie) :thumbsup:
B: Congrats on your purchase
C: Tail of the Dragon Meets FTW (If you like a ton of driving)
D: 9thCivic > 9thGenCivic

can I ask where the snow pic was taken?

Sorry, wasnt on here for a bit. The snow was taken in the November storm in Buffalo last year (2014) It was awesome. I made it all the way to my work, was pushing snow with my bumper having it billow over my hood for the last couple miles. Got to my work parking lot and tried to swing into a parking spot and the snow finally was deeper than the car could push. When we finally dug her out later that day the snow was over the roof of the car.

Back