Front license plate

eric.schwartz.

Hi all, I have an interesting question for everyone. Since I live in New Jersey and I have to have a front license plate on my civic si, I don't want to do the license plate relocator because it's a brand new car and I don't want to drill into the paint, but is there any other way to take off the front mounting bracket so that I can have my front plate? Thanks soo much.[emoji39]

You can keep your front license plate behind the windshield or don't have it at all. When i used to live in NJ I only had one on the back and the second plate in the trunk. Cops never pulled me over and if they did I would tell them that I'm on my way to Home Depot to get screws.

You can keep your front license plate behind the windshield or don't have it at all. When i used to live in NJ I only had one on the back and the second plate in the trunk. Cops never pulled me over and if they did I would tell them that I'm on my way to Home Depot to get screws.
I've seen that before, & I thought about doing that but I just feel like it's illegal because cops can't totally see it outside of the car you know what I mean? I saw on Google there was some custom metal bracket for the front license plate but I don't know if it was custom made by the actual owner or if someone sells it.

I have mine flipped and it looks good. Must state regs specifically say it must be within x inches from the ground, so technically putting it in your windshield is illegal. I personally don't want to resort to lying to cops.

Back