gauging interest in headlight retrofits - HIDs

I am running morimoto HID's in my 2012 Honda civic that purchased from theretrofitsource.com. They sell the shrouds and bezels but I am not comfortable doing it myself and I can't send my headlamps away to be retro fitted. Also I don't want to buy a second set of headlamps. HELP me please? And can someone tell me if it's safe to put a 65w bulb for my DRL/high beams.

I am running morimoto HID's in my 2012 Honda civic that purchased from theretrofitsource.com. They sell the shrouds and bezels but I am not comfortable doing it myself and I can't send my headlamps away to be retro fitted. Also I don't want to buy a second set of headlamps. HELP me please? And can someone tell me if it's safe to put a 65w bulb for my DRL/high beams.
How are you running them if you aren't comfortable doing it?

And I am running nokya hyper yellow 65W in my DRL but I pulled the DRL fuse so they only act as high beams

Yes it's safe, my friend is running 80W in his DRLs/High beams with no harness or anything and he hasnt had any problems.

Yes it's safe, my friend is running 80W in his DRLs/High beams with no harness or anything and he hasnt had any problems.
Thanks. I put the 65w hyper whites in Sunday and they look good. But i love my HID's so I'm thinking of putting a set in my DRL/High beams and getting rid of the halogens altogether.

This is how I installed my HID's but I was talking about the wattage on my drls. I found it. My stock bulbs were 60w. So I'm good with the 65w in my Drls

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is on the way! I'm retrofitting the wifes 8th gen sedan with these. Probably panamera shrouds with xbaled rings. She wants two stacked but I think it's going to end up just one. I'll post finished pics when im done. Just waiting on new housings.

2 ring...
892061_504818346242488_1868877152_o.jpg

Single white... I think this is the direction im going to go... all chrome, clear corners, panamera shroud with 1 white xba led
(pic is not of a civic light I know)

attachment.php

proj2.png

these are the shrouds that come with them ^^

I'll probably be doing some pming for the users who were interested in DIYing either tonight or tomorrow. I received my order of shipping boxes to mail the projectors out. I just need to test a few more projectors and their solenoids for functionality prior to shipping anything. That way there aren't any issues with functionality when they arrive.

How are you running them if you aren't comfortable doing it?

And I am running nokya hyper yellow 65W in my DRL but I pulled the DRL fuse so they only act as high beams

i don't know why I've never thought of this, which one is the DRL fuse?

a little teaser for my next set :p
can anyone guess what they are?
20130219_133025_zpsd5062595.jpg

Everything is on the way! I'm retrofitting the wifes 8th gen sedan with these. Probably panamera shrouds with xbaled rings. She wants two stacked but I think it's going to end up just one. I'll post finished pics when im done. Just waiting on new housings.

That 2 ring setup looks pretty snazzy!

yep, supposedly they're better than that s2k ones with a clear lense..

with a clear lens and a custom shroud even the rx330 can beat a s2k. If you have the interest and are willing to spend the money, look into the hybrid setup of sc fronts with rx bowls

My retros... Clear lens color modded rx330's. Frickin awesome light output. Pretty wide color band too.

p1000696p.jpg

Back