gauging interest in headlight retrofits - HIDs

plus the led projects i wanted to incorporate were holding me up, audi style arrays and turn signal boards. Never got the signal boards working though, and the audi leds just started acting up 4 years later so i unplugged those

Last edited:
i had a spare set of lights to work on, so i didnt feel too rushed

lucky, haha i just chopped into my stock ones and am feeling rushed, even though i have a spare car, i miss the civic right now... just for GAS in particular.

having an entire spare car makes a lot of projects more reasonable to undertake

plus the led projects i wanted to incorporate were holding me up, audi style arrays and turn signal boards. Never got the signal boards working though, and the audi leds just started acting up 4 years later so i unplugged those
I am actually debating doing a quad setup right now, but would want another 3" projector for the highbeam housing just dont know if its worth the trouble :giggle:

also on a side note did color mod to shroud and surrounding parts painted it flat black with enamel. I truly dont see much of a difference from before lol

quad setups are very hard, the space to mount things is incredibly shallow compared to the depth of most projectors, especially those with 3 inch lenses. Ive considered them several times and always ended up walking away without starting because i just cant envision how i would mount anything with the amount of cutting i would have to do

If you need some 3" TL's let me know lol. I have a few.

quad setups are very hard, the space to mount things is incredibly shallow compared to the depth of most projectors, especially those with 3 inch lenses. Ive considered them several times and always ended up walking away without starting because i just cant envision how i would mount anything with the amount of cutting i would have to do

I don't think I removed that much material from the headlight although it was cracking easily had a couple jb weld patches lol but with the carbon fiber I see it just strengthening it.

How's the TL output

webby do you happen to have the same lens that TRS uses for the FX-R 3" i somehow just noticed one was chipped right before i glued in place luckily, anyways this is only thing holding me up now on finishing...

Also would you happen to have the install lens tool i could borrow for the project to change out then send back ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't have either. I just have one of those lenses for testing purposes, but I do not have extras to sell. If I tried to get some, it'd probably take weeks as they're made overseas.

Unfortunately, I don't have either. I just have one of those lenses for testing purposes, but I do not have extras to sell. If I tried to get some, it'd probably take weeks as they're made overseas.

TRS it is lets hope i can get this within the week i want to finish this already lol

Back