glittergal's crystal black pearl LX sedan

glittergal7

Just got the 2012 LX in black. Excuse her from being so dirty, we just went through a hurricane and haven't gotten to wash yet. Haven't done too much to it yet but so far:

- red out tail lights
- JDM honda emblems (front/rear/steering wheel)
- removed civic emblem
- blue LED interior map/dome/trunk lights
- white LED license plate light
- rear cupholders

14lmrfq.jpg

357opqv.jpg

I'm pissed because it looks like I somehow already sustained a scratch to the front bumper just to the left of the license plate frame :( looks like the culprit of another car because i buffed it earlier today and it looked like some white paint came off.

Here are some of my plans for the near future:

-new license plate frames
-50% tints front, 5% back (front tints are illegal in NJ =\)
-some cool decals
-rims with some wheel locks
-door visors
-fog lights with yellow bulbs
-trunk tray
-weather tech all season mats
-remote start and aftermarket security alarm

Also debating on door edge guards and plans for my head lights. I had bright white HIDs on my RSX and didn't realize how annoyingly bright they were until i had someone drive my RSX behind me home after leaving the dealership. I see a lot of mention of projector headlights and retrofits but I don't know if there is a set up I can afford? How much would a decent set up cost? Also, maybe a drop after some new rims - will have to see.

Lookin good so far!

Retrofit prices range all over the place. I had mine done through customlightz. They do tons of civic retrofits. I think you can get away with a set for around $400-600 for a basic setup. Contact them for exact pricing though! Lots of options too.

You would have to send in your headlights to have it done and be without your car for a bit however, you can buy a second set of headlight housings from Honda and send those in. Costs more but you aren't without your car and the guys will buy your OEM set off you if they are in perfect shape. That's what I did.

There are a few guys on here who can do it also. DIY is always an option with some of the more basic projectors.

Got new wheels.. drag dr34 15x7s

e6vaed.jpg

20jfm88.jpg

here's a photo of the steering wheel emblem

23h13iv.jpg

sorry for poor quality iphone photos

Also bought a viper alarm/remote start with various additional sensors and features. Will install that next.

Then:

- tints (50% front/5% rear)
- yellow fog lights
- bright white HIDs
- door visors
- door edge guards
- trunk tray & all season mats or floor liners
- interior illumination (maybe)

added license plate frames and some decals including a ivtec decal in red. unfortunately the ebay seller sent me DOHC ones when the listing clearly said SOHC and i didnt even notice it until i put the drivers side ones on already!! so i went ahead and did both sides and im gonna see if they can send new ones and ill just take off the D and put an S in its place. i think i got excited my decals came in the mail and didnt pay attention :( but they do look nice

here are some pictures:

2gwtlkm.jpg

jrr12a.jpg

2wr13c9.jpg

and my frames:
front
2r3jzf9.jpg

rear
21kfi52.jpg

i also added a live fast die pretty decal on the rear windshield that you can kinda see in that last photo :P

i mentioned earlier i got LED blue lights for the dome and map lights. here's how they look at night:

34xgmsl.jpg

my next mods include installing alarm/remote start in the next few days, getting tints 50% front/5% rear, and i am placing an order for the oem door visors from college hills honda and will install those myself.

also, im kinda annoyed with how my daytime running lights look right now, they look kinda yellowy which i dont like. i might get these bulbs put in so they look more of a pure white:
517irm3e4tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

then for the future
-yellow fog lights
-bright white HIDs
-trunk tray and all season floor mats/liners
-door edge guards
-interior illumination

once winter is over i will also get some new tires and keep these all seasons for the winter. maybe further down the road i will drop on eibach prokit.

Nice build so far. I'll be on a lookout for your car. Lol. Do you live in the Passaic/Clifton area?

View attachment 6642

looks good, but u really need stickers like mine... ;) of course tho, I WISH I HAD A DOHC....... :wheee:

yes i do need that sticker.. that was the one i ordered actually in red but they sent me the DOC one and i didnt realize it till i put one on oops.. and now i like them too much to take them off so ill just ask the company to send a new set of SOHC ones and just take the D off and put the S on i guess :)

Back