Goodbye civic....hello mk6 gli

bp517

Pittsburgh,PA
Vehicle Model
R18 Civc
Body Style
Sedan
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So after waiting for 2 weeks for pads and rotors to come in from password Jdm, they ended up not fitting a 12' civic because of a 1 year production and then Honda changed it in 13. I was so pissed off that I found some cheap brake pads, put those on then went car shopping. For a 2012 vw gli. Sad to get out of the Honda scene, but really loving the gli. Pics of the civic and gli. I will be posting up the white gram lights for sale soon. I'm sure it will not be long for me to be back in a Honda (hopefully the type r)!

Sucks to hear. Any reason for going with the gli? Did you drive any other brands/makes/models?

Sucks to hear. Any reason for going with the gli? Did you drive any other brands/makes/models?

No particular reason. I have always like the VW's and I work for Audi. The mk6 is a good looking body style. I think it's a lot more sporty than the SI too. I am not really a domestic fan, so that takes the ford st and rs out. I was on auto trader for about 2 days looking in my area and the gli is really the only thing that had caught my eye. I won't be a stranger here if that's ok with everyone, and hope to be back in a "good" Honda soon once they get their sh@t together on the type r.

Reactions: Nix
The GLI does look good.

I was so pissed off that I found some cheap brake pads, put those on then went car shopping. For a 2012 vw gli.

So this was not the real reason you decided to go car shopping right? :confused:

Yeah it sure was! Lol! Im kinda of hard headed and things like that really piss me off.

Interesting.. Sounds like you just wanted to get rid of the Civic and the brakes were a good excuse. ;)

Good luck, good times with the VW. The Germans do know how to craft a rewarding driving machine!

Just a update on the GLI.......its freaking amazing!!! Last night did a stage 1 APR ecu upgrade to it. The car is like letting a monster out of its cage-it's insane. I will be soon getting a APR stage 2 intake, turbo back APR exhaust and then upgrading to the stage 2 software. I can not wait.

Reactions: Nix
do they advertise what kind of numbers the stage 1 tune should put out?

do they advertise what kind of numbers the stage 1 tune should put out?

20_tsi_gen3_trans_s0_vs_s1_93_cc.png

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_trans.html

You need some serious work done to Si to see those numbers :(

Apr advertised 255hp/289tq at the crank. At the wheel is 230hp/277tq. And that is just the software-not doing anything else to the car. I will tell you that I can tell a huge difference in driving!

get a downpipe and intake if you can:thumb:

Oh by the way mine is a gen 1 engine too so that will make a difference in the file that he downloaded too.

So yours is this one

20_tsi_trans_s0_vs_s1_93_cc.png

Still a lot of power gain only with tune

Back