Grill and rear emblems

Stephey

Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
coupe
I've been looking at my coupe and think the chrome emblem on the front just doesn't look good. I don't see anyone making a replacement couple grill yet either. I suppose I could black the emblem out? But I think just a plain honeycomb grill like what is there, minus the emblem area, would look great.

On the rear emblems, the H on the back looks OK but don't care for the civic. Are there holes behind the civic emblem too or it it just 3M taped on?

grill.jpg

The civic emblem is only held by adhesive. You can easily remove it by using a blow dryer and a dental floss. Removing the adhesive from the paint surface can be removed by using goo-gone or Stoners Tarminator.

As for the front grille, I also haven't heard much about an aftermarket replacement for it. You can try to paint it black, but I would suggest flat black to match the color of the trim. People on here replaced their emblems with JDM red honda emblems. It's probably what you don't prefer, I'm just showing you another option. :)

The civic emblem is only held by adhesive. You can easily remove it by using a blow dryer and a dental floss. Removing the adhesive from the paint surface can be removed by using goo-gone or Stoners Tarminator.

That's great news and simple to resolve. I probably will just be patient and wait to see what sort of aftermarket grills surface later..

I just took my Civic badge off the other day with floss. was carefull not to break the badge. No problem, and like Dar-Dar said will make it easier to use a blow drier.

The thing about taking the rear H off, is there's a scoped out place for it that "I" think would look strange without it in there.

img0969z.jpg

another member plasti-dipped his front emblem ^^

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/how-to-plasti-dip-your-wheels.4345/
^ info on plasti dip

I was playing around in photoshop and now thinking maybe trying a blue H in the grill to match the car. Possibly even with touch up paint or some transparent nail polish the right color and then clear it. Will practice some on a JY emblems before I do the real one. The main thing I don't like it it's chrome, there is no other chrome on the car and it just stands out too much. Then maybe do the rear one in black.

grill2.jpg

I was playing around in photoshop and now thinking maybe trying a blue H in the grill to match the car. Possibly even with touch up paint or some transparent nail polish the right color and then clear it. Will practice some on a JY emblems before I do the real one. The main thing I don't like it it's chrome, there is no other chrome on the car and it just stands out too much. Then maybe do the rear one in black.

View attachment 3229
You make a good point..............

I found a nice paint from Home Depot that is double coverage. It is made for outdoor items like chairs, benches, light poles or whatever else needs to brave the elements. I did 2 coats of the paint and then a coat of polyurehtene(sp.) and then 2 more coats of paint and a last coat of polyurethene (sp.). The poly gives it a hard cover so rocks don't chip the paint off and it glistens pretty nice in the sun.

Back