Grill stain help?

wbarraza

So I had to remove the clearbra I had on my car due to some jackass that decided it was a good idea to use a key or something sharp to scratch my hood. the clear bra protected it but the clearbra ripped. i used 3m adhesive remover for cars and little did I know. it stained my grill white =( any ideas on if it could be fixed or do i have to buy a new one? it is completely noticeable it really bugs me.photo copy.JPG

If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, I believe it's only supposed to be used on metal products? I'm guessing it essentially ate through the plastic material in the grill. I would wager that if you're handy, you could pull the bumper and separate the grill from the bumper. Then you'd sand it smooth, use some primer, and repaint it with black paint. As long as you took your time, you should be able to do that without much problem. If you're not interested in going that route, it looks like this is the sedan si grill replacement from honda -
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...r/front-grille-2/base-fr-grille/71121-tr7-a01

Thanks Webby. I wil probably end up ordering it. I honestly do not have time to paint it and such with being a full time college student and having a full time job

Give them a call, but that should be the part you're needing. Sorry to hear people messed with your car. Sucks

yeah Ill definitely give them a call.
yeah it really sucks but good thing that the actual paint is ok

Plasti-dip. It'll be a little off color but less noticeable until you get it fixed. $6 can at home depot.

Has anyone used plastic dip as a paint protectant ....... say on the front part of the hood, as opposed to clear film?

Also what would just having the hood etc. sprayed with more clear coat do to protect the paint?

I have plasti dip on my front lip just for looks and it is definitely durable. I have to assume its protecting the pain behind it since the plasti stuff isn't chipping or showing holes. I suppose it would probably help but I don't know if the flat look is what people would want. It also comes in limited colors.

More clear would add protection but the cost and possibility of bonding issues, runs, sags, and general unclearness is what I would worry about. If the scratches are not too deep to feel/catch a fingernail on they can usually be buffed and polished to near unnoticeable.

So flat is the only thing plastic dip makes?

I guess if done the way a leather bra is done, look wise may be close to the same thing?

Actually I didn't forget about your pain, I was so into what options could be done to help you fix it. That I did forget to say how much I hate ppl that seem to never think that doing things like this isn't going to come back and bite them back harder.
Sorry as well.........

Back