H&R 1.5" drop for 2012 civic lowering springs

Pretty sure Chris told me until there's 9th specific Koni inserts, you'll have to use 8th springs w/ 8th inserts..

I just talked to Tire Rack and these are going for $211 not $178 which I read on a recent thread ......plus $48 shipping (In US).

I have a sedan too. How are yours holding out? No issues? Are you on stock set up?

Yep I have stock struts, it's a little stiff but it's doing great and had no issues whatsoever.

The fronts alignment is a tiny little bit off but it's not a big deal.

I like the H&R setup better, but I can get the Pro-Kit for a really good price. Should I go with the Pro-Kit or just get the H&R. I really don't want the rear camber kit, but it looks as though no matter what drop I do I need it from what I am reading.

I like the H&R setup better, but I can get the Pro-Kit for a really good price. Should I go with the Pro-Kit or just get the H&R. I really don't want the rear camber kit, but it looks as though no matter what drop I do I need it from what I am reading.
I thought the H and Rs were made to be good to go with stock set up?

With the Pro-Kit springs you will need a rear camber kit to get back to OE specs. I have them as well as the front and rear Anti-Roll Bars on my 2012.
Without an alignment kit you will be in the area of -2 degrees on the Si.

The non Si models can align back to OE without any adjustments.

Jared works for Eibach and helped me a lot.

So, I didn't know this, but it's very clear now

Prokit for Si - yes for rear camber kit
Profit for non-Si - no for rear camber kit

Jared works for Eibach and helped me a lot.

So, I didn't know this, but it's very clear now

Prokit for Si - yes for rear camber kit
Profit for non-Si - no for rear camber kit

It's all kinda crazy. I spoke with a guy from Eibach on Friday. He told me a camber of 1* out is not a problem. He said my Si should be fine with a drop of 1" Someone brought up a good point earlier. I'm not sure if it was this forum or the other one, but the HFP suspension drops the Si 1/2" at first, but then settles to about 1" according to forum members. There is no camber kit for this setup?

prokit on '12 Si will yield negative camber in the rear of @1.7 to 1.9* and barely anything in front. If you are aggressive driver, the negative camber is good - helps cornering. Also, if you rotate tires frequently, the wear should be similar to normal. Or, for $100 on ebay or more for other brands, get rear camber kit, set it to 0* during alignment and be done with the issue.

Last edited:
Back