H&R 1.5" drop for 2012 civic lowering springs

Dude if you go with the H&R's you will be fine. I DD my ride (about 300 miles every 4 days) commuting highway mostly. I do have negative camber in the rear, however just get a good alignment and make sure your "toe" settings are on par. "Toe" wears tires, not necessarily "Camber". So far I've got close to 12,000 miles and tires are wearing evenly. I rotate my tires every 5,000 miles. I hope this helps... Here is the wheel gap after my H&R springs were installed and settled.photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Get the toe zero'ed out. Or as close as possible. It will kill your tires. Running -5 camber will kill tires, but not as bad as factory toe settings will compared to "performance" camber settings.

Tirerack would be your best bet.
Ya I checked there was about $237 shipped was hoping someone found a better price somewhere. Redline360 has them for $198+like $30 shipping and most other websites are around that price or more. I guess that's the best ill get

Dude if you go with the H&R's you will be fine. I DD my ride (about 300 miles every 4 days) commuting highway mostly. I do have negative camber in the rear, however just get a good alignment and make sure your "toe" settings are on par. "Toe" wears tires, not necessarily "Camber". So far I've got close to 12,000 miles and tires are wearing evenly. I rotate my tires every 5,000 miles. I hope this helps... Here is the wheel gap after my H&R springs were installed and settled.View attachment 27989View attachment 27990
What type of springs were these. The H&R Sport?
Im looking into maybe temporarily getting the H&R Super Sport, a little bit more of a drop than the Sport.

What type of springs were these. The H&R Sport?
Im looking into maybe temporarily getting the H&R Super Sport, a little bit more of a drop than the Sport.
H&R Sport. I didn't know they made Super Sport SPRINGS for our ride.

H&R Sport. I didn't know they made Super Sport SPRINGS for our ride.
Im not sure if they make them, i just took a glance at their website an saw that they had other options ill have to do further research.

Does anyone with H&R lowering springs live in an area that gets a lot of snow? If so, have you had any problems getting around in the snow because of the drop? I'm looking at either getting these springs or a full coilover setup. Would rather not spend the money on coilovers, but will if I have to.

I am running neuspeed sports which are just over 1.6" drop and I lived in upstate NY with them. I was able to drive in 6"+ of snow just fine. Of course I had some serious snow tires as well. The tires will make more of a difference than being another inch lower.

The wheel wells did get packed up with snow much more quickly. Clearing them out more often is a must but you can get where you are going just fine. I had no issues.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. I think that's gonna be my next and final mod until after my wedding in September. At least she has been ok with my upgrades so far. You can tell she's a keeper if she doesn't complain about the noise from a tsudo exhaust!

I am running neuspeed sports which are just over 1.6" drop and I lived in upstate NY with them. I was able to drive in 6"+ of snow just fine. Of course I had some serious snow tires as well. The tires will make more of a difference than being another inch lower.

The wheel wells did get packed up with snow much more quickly. Clearing them out more often is a must but you can get where you are going just fine. I had no issues.

Are you running Neuspeed springs from the 8th gen? can you post a picture please! I've been wondering what springs will give me a drop in between H&R's and Sportlines. Sounds like I got a winner with a 1.65" drop

I have an 8th gen. I don't know if they have come out with springs for the 2012+ yet.

I have an 8th gen. I don't know if they have come out with springs for the 2012+ yet.
Ahh i see. 8th springs are always like 0.2-0.4 inches higher on the 9th gen (judging from wheel gap) from what i see.
Thanks anyway!

Dude, this looks so awesome! Your car is so simple and clean.
For me its between H&R's and Sportlines.
Lately, i've been leaning toward H&R's.
Thanks for posting.
not a prob! I was in that situation as well, but got a good deal on these and don't regret it at all. Rides good too, more on the stiff side but I dont mind.

Here is one more

test9.1
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Back