H&R 1.5" drop for 2012 civic lowering springs

Yeah, I would recommend you get a set. That's enough camber to effect tire wear. Some people will say you don't but they aren't the ones buying your tires either. I think -1.5 is the limit for acceptable tire wear and camber if you're not racing. Serious auto-x guys will run -2, -2.5.

H&Rs installed today. They said I needed the camber arms on the back. Here's a pic. Can someine tell me if I need them? Rear on bottom.

I had similar camber numbers when I first installed my H&R's. They told me the excessive camber in the rear is what also causes that infamous H&R "reverse rake" look when the front looks higher than the rear, as camber affects the appearance of wheel gap. I ended up getting the Ingalls camber sliders for the rear and bolts for the front. Here's how my H&R's look after re-alignment w/ camber kit to factory specs and 3 months to settle.

9ydupama.jpg

e6atejuh.jpg

Front
by9y7u3y.jpg

Rear
3etypusu.jpg

Thanks JayGeeisMe for the info. Looks really good. How much did you pay for the set and install?

Thanks JayGeeisMe for the info. Looks really good. How much did you pay for the set and install?

No problem. And thanks man! I paid $140 for the Ingalls rear camber sliders and $20 for the front camber bolts. Found them both online. Shopping around, I found that most places only differ a few dollars. But be careful as some sell each side separately and some sell as a complete kit. So read carefully. I paid for one hour of labor to have them installed by an alignment shop who has experience with lowered and performance cars.

I don't get it. I'm reading places that you don't need camber arms for the HR, and now I'm reading that I need it??? I thought I could just get a alignment and be fine

I don't get it. I'm reading places that you don't need camber arms for the HR, and now I'm reading that I need it??? I thought I could just get a alignment and be fine

From what I've seen most people who get the H&R's don't "need" a camber kit. But just like with any mod, every car is different and each one could potentially have a different reaction to the same mod. Idk I wasn't expecting to need one either. But hey I did, I got the kit, problem solved haha. If you're set on running without a camber kit and don't wanna take any chances, maybe you should look into the Eibach Pro-Kit?

You don't need it unless you want to correct the camber. What we are seeing is people with nearly 2 degrees of negative camber. People complained about camber induced tire wear on the previous gen civic in stock form enough that Honda changed the stock rear arm design to have less camber. It just depends how much wear you think is acceptable. Camber arms and a proper alignment are much cheaper than new tires, but again some people don't think they need new tires until they're worn down to the cords.

Ugh cant edit with tapatalk...... an alignment without camber bolts or arms basically means a toe adjustment since the camber is non adjustable from the factory. The fronts have a slight bit of wiggle but really, not adjustable.

If you install the springs and the rear camber comes out at a number you dont like then yes, pick up a set of arms. Install them and then go back for an alignment. Same with the fronts, but at least on the front a set of camber bolts is only $30-ish. Tough to install but cheap. Just depends on what you want. If you are lucky and end up with close to 0 camber in the front and say -2 in the rear, a very aggressive rotation schedule should help you out a lot with wear also. Lemme go take some pics of my worn out summer tires.... they are totally beat and getting replaced very very soon.

I've had my car drop for a year now and I have not needed them tires are fine, alignment and that was it!

Im considering getting these springs. My one concern is that my exhaust sits lower than stock and I'm concerne if I lower the car too much it will be sitting on my control arm, and I will not be able to drive around without excessive banging against my exhaust. I recently installed poly urethane hangers and it keeps the exhaust as tight as it can go against the undercarriage but my fear is that lowering the car will bring back the exhaust rattle on the control arm. Is this fear warranted or is there any solution? Or do I just buy a sway bar and forget the drop?

Back